Dashboard Wiring

I have my MOT coming up, and the airbag light on my dashboard keeps flashing when i'm driving (it passed with this last year but i've heard it won't get through this year with it) and as I don't have my standard steering wheel/airbag anymore I need a way to get around this.
I'm getting a relay wired in so that when the ignition is turned on, the airbag light comes on as normal then goes out after a set amount of seconds. Does anyone have/know where I can find a wiring diagram for the dashboard/instrument panel as I've (annoyingly) found out that the airbag light isn't a bulb in the dash and that it's actually an led built into the circuitry?

i,ll refrain from my usual rant about removing airbags o_O but the almera guys fit a resistor to simulate the vacant airbag i believe

My SR does this. My plan this year was going to be to open up the dials and paint the bulb with a few layers of black paint. COuld try removing the bulb but I bet the canbus system would detect that...

The only bulbs that were anywhere near where the light is in the dash, were the left indicator and the full beam ones, the light for the airbag was actually built into it somewhere. We eventually overcame it by wiring a relay into the dash, connecting it to the wire that sends the signal to the airbag light and a wire with a 12v current so it comes on with the stages of ignition but goes out as it would normally :p

Back