dashboard says oil0

Hi i've change my oil and oil filter today. now when i turn the ignition on....( oillo) comes up on the dashboard, even tho the oil light is off, can anyone advise me on how to rectify this, any help would be most appreciated, thanks paul.

I assume (oill0) might have something to do with the new oil viscosity and might need to be driven in? I put 4.5 litres of 5w30 fully synthetic and change the oil filter like for like,my micra is a 1.6 with 40.000 on the clock. now when i turn the key it says oillo when it use to say good. can anyone help?

Hi i've change my oil and oil filter today. now when i turn the ignition on....( oilo) comes up on the dashboard, even tho the oil light is off, can anyone advise me on how to rectify this, any help would be most appreciated, thanks paul.
I'd say that you need to check the level.
When I change the oil in my k12(dci) I top her up after the first run....can usually get another glug in once it's gone into all the nooks and cranies it needs to ^_^

...If you're still having problems after trying to top up, check for leaks. ...

Edit:Guy's site is http://www.micrak12.com/ ;)

Hi, its not the level and there seems to be no leaks, taken the car for a quick spin and checked the dip stick about 101 times, and its spot on, i think iam going down the route that its either the sensor in the sump or it needs the epu resetting... and cheers for the posting the link:)

Hi, its not the level and there seems to be no leaks, taken the car for a quick spin and checked the dip stick about 101 times, and its spot on, i think iam going down the route that its either the sensor in the sump or it needs the epu resetting... and cheers for the posting the link:)
You're welcome. Sensor sounds like a good thing to check next ;)

;) All sorted my local garage plug it into his computer and hit the reset button. only charge me a fiver. dashboard is reading (Good) again. happy days..... :)

Back