Dark Side

CMF_Dark Side

» CMF Member
Well its just me ( Family Hack). Since this car now resides in Mikes capable hands I no longer can claim it.
I have chosen the above as over the next 3 years I will be scheeming as to what car will await me on my arrival back from Vietnam.
Visions of a K12 by then with a MR18 or 20 motor ? or maybe a K11? In 3 years time the K12 should be easy to pick up 2 nd hand. Would also look at a K11 but getting a bit long in the tooth by then. I really want to stick with the Micra. Be interesting to see how the K12 travels. I sent an e mail to Nissan Australia asking when the K12 will be available and will it be available in a manual version. No answer as yet.

CMF_Dark Side

» CMF Member
Good one fred. A Mini Micra. No I think I will wait and see how the K12 is travelling after 2 years in Aussie.Maybe throw a turbo on one or give it a heart transplant with the MR18/20 engine. I can't find any site where anyone has done a turbo job on a K12. Surely by now someone has gone down this path.

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
Off topic, but I indulged in one of my favourite pastimes, salesman baiting. Took a Festive XR4 for a test drive.

I quite liked it but there were a few things that for the price and with a 2007 car it should have had.. It missed out on adjustable lumbar support for the seats and the steering wheel adjust was only the same as our Micras have, height only.

Very quiet car and seemed well built, lots of handy little nooks and crannies and you can also fold the rear seats flat like the series 1 SLX.

Mychael

CMF_fred

» CMF Member
I went wow at the honda civic type r then went wow at the price and walked out........ I think I'd havta look at a k12 in the flesh b4 committing to a newer car, the k11 is in my heart a bit.

CMF_Dark Side

» CMF Member
Good on you fred.You have the Micra bug. You naughty boy Mike. Fancy baiting a car salesman.I just hope the K12 comes in a manual and over the next year or two upgraded specs/models come on stream.Maybe a chanch seeing its coming out of Japan and over time this site will see a lot of K12 members as well from Aussie.Who will be the first say with a turbo'd up K12?

CMF_Brendon

» CMF Member
dave. changed your name again. hehe. i am now expecting your car on arrival to australia will be black,. yes black k12 with picture of darth vader airbrushed onto bonnet. hehe. i can imagine it. and red neons underneath. lol.

CMF_Dark Side

» CMF Member
Very fuuny fred. Well I will sure keep you entertained with "postcards from Vietnam". I will send you plenty of interesting pics for sure.
Yes plenty of time now to scheme /plan my next car.I see there is now a Porsch dealership in Ho Chi Minh City. Sign of the times as a very few get very rich. Where you could drive a Porsch in Vietnam even for say 2 minutes and get to 100 kph is a mystery. Be a case of all show and no go. 90% of its life would be in 1st and maybe 2 nd gear.

cisco

» CMF Member
Bloody exciting stuff.

You need to go all the way and get a mechanical LSD this time.
Build some completely stupid machine that would kill blue monster.

A K12 would be very funky. Lots of used ones in Japan right now, cheap too. Easy to get parts for, that's for sure.

I sat in one at the Tokyo Nissan headquarters 2 years ago, and I liked the modern interior. It had lots of handy containers and holders for everything. Plus the Japanese ones have a "plasmacluster" air purifying system thing to clean the pollution so you can breathe. Hahaha.

Back