Damage to passenger door

it is a "new" door mate. got it off eBay, the villain I bought it off neglected to mention the damage! I'm really mad, but thought I'd find out how much it's likely to cost for repair? I wouldn't need the painting done, can do that myself.

If it is only the outer part of the door (the skin) then only that needs to be replaced. Have you contacted the seller about this?

thanks for your advice. yeh it is just the outside. I've spoken to the seller now, and he was shocked. he sent me some pictures he took, literally as he was packaging it, and it was in pristine condition. the bloody fools at the delivery company have evidently dropped it... from quite a height! I'm so angry, but we're making a compensation claim, so it's all gravy :-D

Cant you use a hammer and some filler? lol. Thats all I did when my door was dented, still I spose it was new and you shouldn't have to.

yeh exactly Olly. that's why I'm so annoyed - the reason I bought a new door (and believe me, it took me a while to find one in such good condition, and the right colour) was because I had similar dents in my current one, and I've filled them myself. I wasn't happy with the re-paint I did though, because it didn't quite blend in properly. I'm so infuriated with Parcel Force, but I guess it's just one of those things. Anyway, I got a speeding ticket yesterday, so at least the compensation money will pay for that!

Thanks for everyone's advice. T

Back