Dala's white 1996 Super S Mods.

CMF_Dala

» CMF Member
Hi everyone, I bought a 1996 Super S a few weeks back, so far i'd only fitted general service items, but in the last few weeks i've fitted some things that make it handle a bit better too so i thought i would start a thread on it and any future mods.

Last week i fitted some 14" x 5.5 ROH wheels and fitted the front with bridgestone potenzas adrenalin in a 185/60 which are one of the better tyres you can fit in this size. rear are basic bridgstone r88 i got second hand untill i can afford something better.

Today I swapped the standard super S wheels with Mipcar for his Whiteline 22mm swaybar and bolted that on too.

CMF_Dala

» CMF Member
Yeha mate, Stuck it straight on! the bushes were form a 20mm bar so were a tight fit, i'll source some 22mm soon. ;)

After a quick testdrive up and down a local windy road the transformation is amazing, the car used to understeer wide under very low cornering forces, and could be made to run very wide, oversteer wasn't anywhere to be found short of pulling up the handbrake.

Those front tyres are amazing and the rear swaybar tightens up the hadlign nicely, can't wait for further mods!

Now, the car holds it's line beautifully, full throttle in tight corners can see it understeer a touch, but nothing like the plow understeer it had before, and at cornering forces way above what were being created before, the car can be steered thru the corner on throttle inputs, a light lift off tightens the line and lift off oversteer is there if you come right off the gas when pushing.

CMF_Dala

» CMF Member
Mods to come, probably in this order unless something comes up out of the blue:

Pulsar brakes.
KYB rear shocks.
Dark tint.
Strut brace.
Whiteline front bar.
Camber bolts.
KYB fornt shocks, lowered springs and panhard rod all done at once.

With the tint i am thinking 35% on the door windows, they are already tinted but i'm not sure how dark it is, and 20% on the back 3 windows, I wanted 20% and 5% mix like i had on my old silvia but reversing that thing at night was a disaster, especially if it was raining so you couldn't wind down the windows to get a better look in the mirrors or stick your head out.

Pics to follow when i give it a tub.

Back