White super s update..

cisco

» CMF Member
The white super s has been in the dumps for a while now, but last night, I sparked up and found the time to give it a quick fix up, now there are a few things that will get done very soon:

The cold air intake has been removed ever sense the Canberra meet, because I drove up that gutter near the meeting place and ripped it out, heh. Last night I properly secured it all back in, and it looks just magic. Without it, the car has been really gutless.

Next on the list of fixups are:-
- Replace the purple tinting with new tint
- re-fit the air conditioning system
- get the body damage fixed from the guy who swiped us
- Fit the new clutch that I already have here for it, then slip in a lightweight flywheel at the same time
- Next tyre change, remove the big 185s and put on some lighty and sippier 175/65s to bring a bit of torque back.
- Today: Change the ugly exhaust tip to a plain black 2" pipe one. Currently there's some stupid rounded edge chrome thing on there, and it just stains and goes rusty and dull.
- Fix the minor exhaust leak which looks to be coming out of number 1 runner. There's some black charcoal stains out of it. Just need to workout today if its coming from the gasket or the manifold itself in the form of a small crack.

That's about it. Should be pretty cool with all that stuff done.

cisco

» CMF Member
Hmm yeah, well I love your car, but I love the white one, its so reliable and safe through all the tough times when bluey is getting work done to it. So nah sorry dude.

Whitey going in tomorrow to have the crappy old purple tint replaced with fresh dark stuff.

cisco

» CMF Member
Allright: new tint in place on the white car.

Looking tops.

Next thing is to get the air con fixed up.
That's a job for next week.

Starting to really need it thesedays..

cisco

» CMF Member
Yeah for sure. Ahh the seasons of Canberra. Its pretty weird and funny. Last year, it snowed on Nov 1 and you could see it on all the hills from the CBD - a real cold snap. I love the dry heat for a while, but then by early in the new year, I'm always excited about winter returning again. The frost, cold-air-intake and snow is awesome.

Back