Custom Exhausts down south?

lauras_micra

Ex. Club Member
I REALLY NEED TO KNOW WHERE I CAN GET MY CAR MODIFIED IN THE SOUTH! I need to get a exhaust for my car but i want a big oval tipped one

websites and numbers would be great
Thank you

You can also go onto the Powerflow website and locate dealers in the south. They can create any exhaust you want, exactly how you want it. Certain to be a dealer near you.

http://www.powerflowexhausts.net/dealerlocator.cfm

Personal opinion and one of many on this forum, avoid powerflow, they use poor grade stainless and sometimes depending on garage it's made in mild steel.

I would highly recommended SES in Notts, but it will be too far to travel I guess for you.

Kev

Yep! I have.. Pretty damn good! Took a couple of hours from start to finish and they did a great job. Just take your own toilet roll if you need that service as both there bogs didnt have any! (male & female)

xexhaust.jpg

powerflow apparently use a "stainless" steel thats so far away from true stainless some scrap merchants just bin it as normal mild steel. By the way it rust in every case I have seen I would tend to agree...

its not powerflow thats bad its the people who work there, some powerflows are good (i.e the one in stafford). silver_si went to the powerflow in derby they have leaft kinks in the pipe and cut corners etc, hes been back twice because its been hitting the rear axle. it still isnt right now!

ive already told laura not to use powerflow and i stongly sugesst you dont ever use the one near southampton the "stainless steel" is crap as it rusts the baffles went in the box they fitted and rattled like mad and the mounts snapped, a welder mate of mine told me that tru stainless welds should never break and when he looked at the welds they did he pointed out they had not done it properly.

overpriced and done by cowboys who would not honour the garuntee, complained to trading standards and i believe they did do something to them so im not sure if they ae still there now.

other powerflow dealers might be ok but the place arnold got his doen is the only one i would recommend his exhaust looks and sounds briliant and very well made

I am not refering to the people who work there, rather the materials they use.

Yeah LongLife are very good, they seem to work well, not jackarse around!!

As for the sound, i still think it's too loud :p

well it turns heads from quite far away, sets off car alarms etc, what more could you ask for! LOL

OI dont use my phrases you goon! arnolds the girl pants and your just a pain :p best watch your back on the ice.....

its not powerflow thats bad its the people who work there, some powerflows are good (i.e the one in stafford). silver_si went to the powerflow in derby they have leaft kinks in the pipe and cut corners etc, hes been back twice because its been hitting the rear axle. it still isnt right now!

Doesn't matter where you go, Powerflow use a very POOR grade stainless which basically a mild steel and WILL rust. The grade used by Powerflow is 301 grade stainless. Most exhaust companies use 303 or higher, mine is made out of 304 stainless

Now now ladies, keep it on topic :p

I think long life is grade 304 too. More details on there website

304 is what you want for a true "long life zorst" 301 will eventually rust like normal steel it'll just take a year or two longer to happen. i thought powerflow nearly went out of business not long ago, shame they didnt really

Powerflow use different materials depending on where you go. They made my mid section from 304 when it was done in Bournemouth and my back section from what seems to be 409, when it was re-done due to knocking in St.Albans.

One thing to note about having an exhaust done, when you ask for a 2" system you don't always get one. Powerflow used 2" pipe and rather than welding the flange to the pipe, they sleaved the pipe thus reducing it's dia to around 1" 1/2 at the flange..........tards!

My next system however, is all 304 and 2" throughout thankfully :)

sorry paul but id have to disagree with you on that one since they fitted my mr2 exhaust its leaked due to them not using a new gasket and using the incorrect bolts to fit it. they messed me about alot with getting it fitted and ripped me off so i wouldt recommend them to anyone

sorry paul but id have to disagree with you on that one since they fitted my mr2 exhaust its leaked due to them not using a new gasket and using the incorrect bolts to fit it. they messed me about alot with getting it fitted and ripped me off so i wouldt recommend them to anyone

seconded as it now call Perfromance Modified Car Center Autofabritcaions and they can make a manifold or even do ally welding in house. plus if u wanna wait months for just a quote go for it lol

Stay clear

the 3rd party is powerflow so dont waste your time universal cans are a pain to fit so go custom elsewhere there have been some better suggestions in the thread, arnolds one is the only one worth doing IMO

the 3rd party is powerflow so dont waste your time universal cans are a pain to fit so go custom elsewhere there have been some better suggestions in the thread, arnolds one is the only one worth doing IMO
ok thanks ill try that one ! ill give them a call today or email them !!

Ring longlife, dont bother going elsewhere! and universal back boxes take work to fit so might aswell just go custom.

Just like to say thanks to every one for there suggestions on where to get my exhaust from ive been in touch with long life exhaust in basingstoke im going up there hopefully in the next couple of weeks to have it done ! :laugh:

Thats not bad. I paid 189 just for a fitted backbox,still im very satisfied with the results

Back