curious bout janspeed kits

CMF_Pierce

» CMF Member
just wondering if anyone could give me some info on the pieces like the janspeed exhaust, headers, back box and cat they sell, for example is it a 2" setup or what? Also is the janspeed cat a straight-through meaning no highflow cat so it is illegal to use in australia?

Not really purchasing it so no rush on intel gathering anyone, just curious.

Thanks.

mik

» CMF Member
yes i also heard alot of things about the rusting of the janspeed kits. go for a impul or a custom job.

I got a Remus Backbox with a Fox racepipe. Sounds really nice :)

Cheers,
mik

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
frank2 WROTE:

"they,re nothing special guys, made of piss thin steel, which gives it a tinny rasp (mine rusted away) and its hard to get a good seal where they join

frank

Funny you should say that.. every time I see some UK person on the MSC chuck up a youtube video of them revving the tits off their nearly-stock but rather rusted micras I always wonder what the attraction of such a raspy exhaust note is.. well some rasp is good in certain cases, most of the time it just sounds bad.

To the OP, yes it is illegal to put the decat pipe in if you've also removed the front cat. If you're lazy or would rather not import an exhaust system from japland, the easiest/cheapest way to go about an N/A exhaust is to grab some hurricane extractors, a cheapy 2" high-flow cat or just a second hand VN cat or something and get an exhaust shop to fill in the rest with a 2" system (mandrel bent, mild-steel if you don't want to shell out for stainless.

---dens

CMF_Larrs

» CMF Member
I have only the Janspeed manifold. They made indeed a raspy sound, very annoying sometimes.

When I buy them(brandnew from somebody else) I had plans to protect them against the rust, but I didn't. :p I think now it is too late to do something about it.
I have them almost a year, so hope they last long enough to look for better ones. If they are not too expensive.

Back