cross member, does it come into mot this year

so i have a few holes in my cross member at the front just infront of the RAD now sadly i can't weld as i don't currently have a welder, but i was speaking to a machanic and he told me its a gray area with micra's since vosa sometimes include them then exclude them then bring them back in, he said its just a Rad support bracket.

i have my mot on nov 11, and i wanna take it 28 days before to be certian, is it worth getting patched aka cut old steel out weld new steel in ?.

but does anyone know if they come into this years MOT ?

Its a bit harder than cutting if your doing it properly, theres about 40 spot welds ot drill haha.

Alternatively you could cut the mid section out and weld a new one in but im not sure if this would pass :)

Hello silver. Don't know what they would charge bud, they're all different. I'd have a guess at £40 tops although the fitter I use would probably better that.

eeek 40 spot welds lol, my ford capi's front vallance only had 25 lmao :p, would it be better myself cutting the old metal out and welding new in or replacing the cross member ?. i don't wanna pay a garage the money to remove the front cross member as i have a feeling to cut it out, weld a new one in im talking £200 without buying the cross member which is £40 from ebay

eeek 40 spot welds lol, my ford capi's front vallance only had 25 lmao :p, would it be better myself cutting the old metal out and welding new in or replacing the cross member ?. i don't wanna pay a garage the money to remove the front cross member as i have a feeling to cut it out, weld a new one in im talking £200 without buying the cross member which is £40 from ebay
£40 on ebay? they're on there for £25 last time I looked. And £200 to fit it......change your garage bud.;)

Depends on the extent of the rust ... mine middle bit was shot to peices... but the up rights were fine so my centre bar was picked apart and cut out and just the lower centre bar welded in rather than un picking the lot as he was worried aswell about the lines in general of the car so only cut out below the bumper mounts :) that passed an mot the next morning x

Back