crap idle stalling and sounds like a rotor when holding a constant rev

CMF_cookiesmicra

» CMF Member
Hello guys. I was just driving down the hiway yesterday. Droped back from 5th to 4th to catch up to another micra.... all was ok then when i put it back onto 5th and mantained 100km/constant rev it sounded like a rotor so i pulled over car idle was very ruff and around 3-400 rpm. It still has the power to pull under accleration and acts normal untill i try hold any certian rev or try to idle... any ideas guys. Thanks in advance.

CMF_cookiesmicra

» CMF Member
Ill check tomorow. Tonight ill be doing a comoression test and see if the shows anything. It idles somewhat okish whennits cold. Ill be checking plugs ect when doing the test. Ill let you know what i find out.

CMF_cookiesmicra

» CMF Member
Awesome. Thanks frank ill check it tomorow..

also just drove it. Its fine when under load but as soon as it goes to idle or maintain a speed its got a miss and smells kinda like unburnt fuel and blows a tiny puff of black smoke

CMF_cookiesmicra

» CMF Member
All done. Fixed the problem. Went to the wreckers bought a throttle body.. no more fault code no more running ruff no more problems fingers crossed, saved over $1100 getting it from the wreckers. Nissan wanted over $1200 :0

thanks for all the help guys :)

Back