couple of bits

davedaveld

Ex. Club Member
I am wanting some lowering springs and some alloys where is the best place to get them not bothered if there used and what are the dimensions of the alloys that will fit my k11 2000 reg (face lift)?

The alloys have to have an offset of 4x100, with a centre bore of 59.1mm (I think) or bigger. If the centre bore is any bigger, you have to use spigot rings to ensure your alloys fit properly. As for the actual size of the alloys, they can't be any less than 13", because they won't fit over the calipers. They can be pretty much any width though, but you want anything mega-wide, you'd have to get bolt on arches because the tyres will stick out too far. I think the biggest tyre size you can go for are 205s, otherwise they hit the suspension struts (unless you get wheel spacers).

But you also have to get different sizes depending on the width and size of the alloys, and how low the car is. I mean, my alloys are 15" x 8", and the car has been lowered by 90mm. I can only fit tyres with a 45 profile, but because the alloys are deep dished and spaced out, can go for tyres as wide as 215 (as long as they have a 45 profile.

So if you were to lower the car by, say, 50mm (which certainly seems to be the norm around here), you could have tyres with pretty much any profile.

It just depends on how big you want the alloys to be, whether or not you want them to have a slight dish on them, how big you want the tyres to be, and how much you want to lower the car by.

With regards to where the best place is to get a set of springs and alloys, depends on how much you're looking to spend. If you're modding on a budget, it's always worth keeping an eye out on eBay, you can always find some baragins on there. And people are always selling stuff on here when replacing parts or returning the car to standard (I happen to know that evofrenzy is selling a mint set of alloys and tyres with wheel nuts for £130, and I think a set of springs as well). If you can afford to spend a little bit extra, a set of new lowering springs will only set you back about £100, and a decent set of new alloys with tyres and wheel nuts can set you back about £300 for something decent.

Just depends on what you're willing to spend and how you want the car to look!

The alloys have to have a stud diameter of 4x100, with a centre bore of 59.1mm (I think) or bigger. If the centre bore is any bigger, you have to use spigot rings to ensure your alloys fit properly. As for the actual size of the alloys, they can't be any less than 13", because they won't fit over the calipers. They can be pretty much any width though, but you want anything mega-wide, you'd have to get bolt on arches because the tyres will stick out too far. I think the biggest tyre size you can go for are 205s, otherwise they hit the suspension struts (unless you get wheel spacers).

But you also have to get different sizes depending on the width and size of the alloys, and how low the car is. I mean, my alloys are 15" x 8", and the car has been lowered 90mm. I can only tyres with a 45 profile, but because the tyres are deep dished and spaced out, can go for tyres as wide as 215 (as long as they have a 45 profile.

So if you were to lower the car by, say, 50mm (which certainly seems to be the norm around here), you could have tyres with pretty much any profile.

It just depends on how big you want the alloys to be, whether or not you want them to have a slight dish on them, how big you want the tyres to be, and how much you want to lower the car by.

fixxored

Aha, I see now lol. I wrote it the wrong way round. I was close though lol. Did I get the centre bore right? I think it's about that

Back