corsa b coilovers to fit micra ( HOW TOO )

you dont need the cup, just take it off and throw it away :D its not needed when fitting coilovers, just bang the bearing out of it first. a quick strong blow to the rear frees up the bearing.

the bearing
261020111285.jpg

flip the cup over and smack it in the center with a hammer
261020111284.jpg

out she pops
261020111286.jpg

:D hope that helps

i know... that was done in the scrap yard! theyd charge me more for the spring top... im talking about the thin metal bit that the big nut sits on inside the top mount to hold it all together

hi guys, next month i will get corsa b coilovers, but readed all pages and it's not clear to me yet, there is a list of step to step for fit properly into micra k11 please?

Thanks!!

@frank you were right

I've never seen someone say "well I own a tuning company" as reasoning for incorrectly fitting suspension only to change their mind on how it was put together in the first place.

Nor have I seen anyone doubt your abilities (dam your burble manifold :p)

Pig tail springs cannot be fitted to square spring seats. End of. No discussion.
Cutting a coil or body work to allow for it is extremely bad practice :/ and was proven not to work

I've been playing with suspension for a long time now and I can tell you that a coilover unit on a K11 would make an improvement. All be it marginally. As you'd be changing your motion ratio allowing for lower spring rates.. therefore better tuning control.
Any tuning company should instantly see that potential

Another thing that'd be outrageously obvious to a tuning centre is the flat top 2.25" spring cup which will allow direct fitment of a thrust bearing and micra top mount :)

Also I'd like to point out that while it may cost me money business wise its does not affect me giving out free advice to help others do things cheaper, safer and in their own way

I know its an old thread but that needed to be said.

i used the corsa b top strut mounts on mine :)

the suspension cup has a bearing built into it, so I used a big square washer to sit on top of that, then the corsa B mount, used about 5 big washers to fill the gap between the shaft and the mount, Big square washer again on top of the mount, then tighten the bolt... just had to elongate the two holes that locate and hold the mount. oh and i had to bend up the corners of the top big square washer to get it through the hole on the car.. works a treat so far! :)

Hi
Enuo: What size of square washer did you use? Does it has to cover the whole surface of the suspension cup? I have corsa B suspension cup with the bearing and Corsa B mount but was wondering what should I put in between them. Also would you explain to me what did you use in order to place the suspension cup on the spring plate? Did you use washers too?

Looking at the image below I found out that between suspension cup and mounting there should be something like this litlle rubber (spacer) but I cannot find it anywhere. Any ideas where can I find it? Or should I just put the square washer instead?

ijx1.jpg

Thanks!

Hi
Enuo: What size of square washer did you use? Does it has to cover the whole surface of the suspension cup? I have corsa B suspension cup with the bearing and Corsa B mount but was wondering what should I put in between them. Also would you explain to me what did you use in order to place the suspension cup on the spring plate? Did you use washers too?

Looking at the image below I found out that between suspension cup and mounting there should be something like this litlle rubber (spacer) but I cannot find it anywhere. Any ideas where can I find it? Or should I just put the square washer instead?

ijx1.jpg

Thanks!
Check my blog, I'm not using square washers or corsa bearinga or any of that, am using modified micra topmounts and a modified corsa spring cup.

Hi

ijx1.jpg

Thanks!

Hey! sorry iv been offline a couple of days!

I used square washers about 40x40mm wide, stainless steel, picked them up from b&q for about £4 for 4 of them...

the way i done it was like this;

image.jpg

Used a big square washer to sit on the suspicion cup with the bearing built into it,

image-2.jpg

Placed this piece on top of the washer then, it fitted nicely into the notches in the rubber too!

image-3.jpg

I jammed about 5 round washers into the inside of the rubber, can't remember what size! but the inner diameter fitted the struts shaft and the outer diameter was slightly arguer than the diameter of the rubber, this stopped any side to side movement, however if you've got the piece in the far right of your picture, I'm pretty sure you could do away with this and the next part!
image-4.jpg

image-5.jpg

if you haven't then i used another big square washer on top to clamp it all down, as it is, it's too big to fit , so the corners will need to be rounded off, you may be better off getting large round washers instead as iv rounded them off but the rub against some metal on the car, making creaking noises when you turn the wheel and go over bumps, so you may want to try something different for this part if I'm honest!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 354
Thanks for replying Luca Bonazzi :) The pics are very useful to me. What make are your coilovers? Was the suspension cup with the bearing included with your coilovers? Or you have bought it separately? Mine looks like this (There is no bearing in the suspension cup) :

Also I would like to ask you if there supposed to be any bearing inside the mount? Here is the picture of mine:

I was wondering if I can put the bearing inside the mount instead of having it in the suspension cup.? I found this on ebay:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-FRONT-...rts_SM&fits=Model:Corsa+B&hash=item5662c24674
It looks like the bearings are included too!

I need to put the bearing somewhere as it hasn't been included with my Ta Technix coilovers and corsa mount :(
Thanks!

Look on White Beast of Bristol to see what i ended up doing with micra topmounts... lot of work tbh

Back