Cooling system calamity!!!

I will use bullet points to describe this one: I am so miffed that all I can do is laugh!!!

1. Slowly loosing coolant since 3 weeks ago
2. Tracked it to a porous heater matrix hose (was venting steam after stopping HISSSSS)
3. Fitted replacement hoses from the subs-bench micra (15 minutes)
4. Fired her up to temp and noticed the radiator was dripping (yes, leaking through corrosion ) too PAH!
5. Pinched the decent radiator out of the subs-bench micra snapping both radiator retaining bolts in the meantime (stubs stuck in the chassis of the main micra)
4 Deep breaths
5. Drilled out the snapped bits and fitted the decent radiator (knocked a flake of corrosion off of the engine block steel water pipe…..”not to worry”…well that’s what I thought)
6. While filling up the coolant again I heard a trickling noise????

Only to discover THIS....

.mov included for those of you with quicktime power….check this for added crippling effect

MOVIE:
http://www.roadar-northeast.co.uk/K10/100_3817.MOV

Attachments

• 100_3820 (Medium).jpg
    100_3820 (Medium).jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 281
ahh ihad to get anew one of those to fit the 4 - 1 they fit in a tool box so off down the scrappy u go ( its held in by the front engine mount and has an oring where it enters the block)

paul,

you mean these are easy to replace???

(HOPE)

if so can you give me any hints on removal and refitting (given the state of my original one?)

its really easy

undo the bottom engine mount at the top

lossen the bottom

slide the mount towards the radiator

undo the 2 bolts that hold the bracket in

remove the bracket and undo the hoses

then slide the metal pipe towards the battery and it will pop out

check the o-ring on your new one

and reverse to fit

Make sure you use a new O ring, other than that I have had this happen to me too, rotted from the inside out, as prev owner didnt know what antifreeze was...

Chaps thats amaizing (a new hope) I thought (assumed) it was screw bonded in like the PCV valve in the inlet is..

I am soooo excited that my block is not DEEEED (yet)...for a bieif hour oor two I thought that I might have top transplant early....

ED & Paul: THANKX!!!

Back