Contact Set (points)

Micra 110

Site Supporter
...would you believe my points broke today! :doh:

The long bent bit of metal that keeps the points together snapped right on the bend...typically on a sunday...so i wentup to the local halfords to get some. It's starting to get dark...i don't have much time to waste so after legging it across the carpark, it was straight to the parts dept....huff n puffin...!

"Do you have any Contact Breaker sets?"
"What Points"
"Er..yes"
"That's a special order"...
"A special order, why don't you just get 10 in at a time?
"Might not sell"
"Well you don't have anything on the Shelves, no Rotor arms, no Dizzy cap and no Points?"
"That's cause we've sold em all"
"I know that, Do you buy them one at a time?"
"Don't know"
"Do you know when the next delivery is?"
"Don't know"
"How much are they, just off the top of your Head?"
"Don't know"
"What's the capital of France?"
"Er....CUE Funny look........:suspect:
"Just messing,...so basically there's nothing here that can help me?"
"No, sorry"
"Oh, ok then....one more question, do the blokes in the Workshop help themselves to the parts on these shelves?"
"Don't know"
"Thankyou, you've been most helpful"

So i'll be going down the nearest motor factors tomorrow.....

I've been to the same place 4 times and everytime they've had nothing for the Micra.....Ok, so other cars use the same part, so get some more in.....:rolleyes:

Micras...who'd have em! :laugh:

micra110

if that happens again use a 10mm length of rubber tube to hold the points shut
got me home once !

yer i went to halfords too and they just said nah we dont stock them. its one of the basic things that gets changed on older cars :p

...ere get this......my local motor factors came up trumps with the points, Dizzy cap and they delivered it to my front door before 11am..... phoned them at 9am.

Hows THAT for service?!! :):):)

yer local places are always the best. Big places dont work for your custom they just assume theyll get it :grr:

Back