considering new car, opinions please!

Its a Rover 214sei 1994(Mreg)
allways liked these cars since i was younger when my uncle had one, not sure why but i fort they where cool

anyway breif spec of car

rover 214sei
1.4 16valve injection
all jazzy electrics(windows,mirrors etc...)
LEATHER seats
71000 miles
new clutch at 64k
mot and tax
sony cd player and 6x9s
much more

bad bits
needs 1new tyre(but could transfer my alloys over)
needs new front pads!

car is for sale at, get this, 100pound, yes 100, needs quick sale

what do you think? yes or no?

Bad point .... Its a rover ...... still, it could be worse! Metro for example.

Anyway, my sisters x used to have one and it was pretty quick! Used to suffer from blowouts all the time though, and had loads of electrical issues, but for that price it could be a laugh! Just thrash it until the MOT runs out then buy something else!

by blowouts you mean tyre blowouts and not the famous headgasket rovers are known for, my mum as had a 400 for over a year now and as had no problems with it...........yet

Yeah tyre blowouts! think it had three (the rear right wheel) all of those were in the space of 6 months or less!

two of my mates have/had rover 200s (that makes 400 lol) and both of them needed new head gaskits

get a micra mate lol :D

Dont know mate just seems a bit suspect three have gone, would have been different tyres too no doubt. Could have been a fault with his car though such as something rubbed or pressed against it under certain conditions.

Go for it at that price, I know the parts delevlopment was sold off before tey went bust so should be ok, look after it and you'll be fine

dont by one of these mate, they are fairly wuick but all the headgaskets go, its becuase of the head is a different type of metal to the block and expand at a different rate. seriously dude nless you wanna break down every 5 mins i wouldnt buy one.

The K series engine is great! Very tuneable with loads of parts available. also used by lotus, caterham, landrover etc. Most head gasket problems are caused by poor servicing more than any thing. The 200 is a terminally dull car but for £100 you can’t go wrong.

Dont under-estimate the Metro GTI lol they may look like the rear end of a pig, but they r quick for all car lol

Personally i dont like Rovers, i like to stay jap

hughes_16v said:
i do, a white one lol

just fancy a change now, nearly two years of onwership, fancy something bigger

your keeping the micra thou? how can you live without a micra?!?!

as above good reason to buy track car,buy it n then jus punt it for 200 easy profit makin-lol well sell for more if u want but still. id take it no bother

:D

i dont c the point in selling a car... then using that money to get it the same standard as ur old car o_O if u know what i mean....

runaway-robot said:
i dont c the point in selling a car... then using that money to get it the same standard as ur old car o_O if u know what i mean....

what i mean is, i have 100pound to buy the rover and whatever i get from the micra say it be 400pound, is all mine and none will have to go towards buying the rover! so i could use abit of the 400 to say lower the rover or tint windows etc........................

plus looking on parkers, this car is 103bhp and im going taking alook on saturday

you have to wonder why the rover is £100...

and you already know that you won't have any problems with the micra but i be the head gaskit on the rover will go and you will never find parts for it....

but then in biast towards micras :p

NeX said:
you have to wonder why the rover is £100...

and you already know that you won't have any problems with the micra but i be the head gaskit on the rover will go and you will never find parts for it....

but then in biast towards micras :p

not just rover make the parts, theres other companys that make parts

for example, valeo do clutches for any car

hes selling it for 100pound because he has a new car and needs space on his drive he wants it out of his way asap

hughes_16v said:
not just rover make the parts, theres other companys that make parts

for example, valeo do clutches for any car

hes selling it for 100pound because he has a new car and needs space on his drive he wants it out of his way asap

fair enough, but i still think you can't beat a micra as a day to day car.

bet then thats just me. alot of people want more space but i think micras have enough...

Back