Component or Coaxial?

Firstly, hello as this my first post.
A while back I upgraded the head unit in my 2006 3dr Sport+ to a single din Kenwood, but recently one of the rear speakers has developed a crackle.
Time to upgrade the speakers, the rears I intend to put in some 2way coaxials, simple enough. It's the front I have a query with, as the speakers look like coaxials but the sport+ has seperate tweeters.
Do I need component or coaxials for the front???
I am confused...

Just normal speakers in front,the tweeters are just spliced into the front speaker wiring,technically they dont act as tweeters.
Thanks for replying, I took the plunge and ended up fitting Kenwood KFC-E170P component speakers in the front and KFC-E1765 coaxial in the rear. These and the Kenwood head unit have transformed the sound, even without an amp or sub. Fitting took a while as my soldering skills leave a lot to be desired.

go for component speakers. they have separate tweeters. make sure to mount them at a distance of 30cm from the speakers. power them off an external amp. some tweeters can be mounted directly onto the speaker itself but this depends on brand model.

no need to go for rear speakers unless you want rear fill. throw a sub in the boot and let me know how it goes :)

Thanks for replying, I took the plunge and ended up fitting Kenwood KFC-E170P component speakers in the front and KFC-E1765 coaxial in the rear. These and the Kenwood head unit have transformed the sound, even without an amp or sub. Fitting took a while as my soldering skills leave a lot to be desired.

take the bass off the speakers it will help them a lot while you increase the volume. this is why i prefer to use a sub. this is one way to make sure your speakers don't blow when increasing the volume.

take the bass off the speakers it will help them a lot while you increase the volume. this is why i prefer to use a sub. this is one way to make sure your speakers don't blow when increasing the volume.
Have to agree with chriswills in that I need the boot space, so a sub might not happen. I am not so worried about volume, more clarity of sound.

Back