Competition results

CMF_Nissanmania

» CMF Member
Had the NA Micra project's first competitive outing on Saturday at a Hill Climb in Perth (Jack's Hill Wanneroo).

My main concern was embarrassing myself and finishing last - I needn't have worried as I finished mid-field and 2nd fastest roadcar in a time of 45.42sec. Just beaten by a Lancer GSR in 45.37 - he was worried! Fastest time of the day was by a stripped out rally-spec sti in 40.70sec (can see it in photo).

The Micra had great drive out of corners (courtesy of the LSD) as well as go-kart standard handling. Fellow competitors told me I may as well lose one of the back wheels as it didn't touch the ground much negotiating the tight stuff!

Had quite a few ask me after the event if it was turbocharged so they obviously thought it looked fast!

In summary the Micra did me proud, raised a few eyebrows and won a trophy to boot - the timekeepers trophy for the most impressive result!

CMF_GTRHOLIC

» CMF Member
Congrats Nissanmania. could you tell me a little more about the lsd setup in your car? id love to get one for mine but i dont konw where to go! how much did it cost? whats involved?

CMF_Nissanmania

» CMF Member
Its the Gripper LSD sourced from Mathew Humphris at www.humphrisoxford.co.uk/nissan/index.shtml.
Its not cheap - I think it worked out to be $1500 or so plus freight (if you can do a business order can escape paying VAT).

Being a clutch-pack style of LSD it is quite tight and positive. The downside is it does introduce a little torque steer on tight turns but otherwise is quite unobtrusive.

Is the best investment I've made so far in the project.

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
sounds like good fun. well done for getting the trophy hehe.
you must have been flinging it around those corners, be carefull not to roll over!

CMF_jdc5r

» CMF Member
Good stuff mate!!

Can i ask you where you bought those hoses that connects to your intake manifold?

Back