compatable micra ecu's

martinb

Ex. Club Member
as above will a pre facelift 1.3 non nats (1995)dizzy ecu (super s/ slx)

fit a

prefacelift 1.0 non nats (1995) dizzy shape/lx?

if so is it possible to find a 1.6 (ga16)primera/almera ecu again 1995 non nats dizzt fit straight in?

what im trying to find out (stani/frank/low rider etc etc)

is whether ga16 injectors, throttle body and ecu is plug and play and whether it will make a noticable safe difference form a 1.3 engine on a 1.0 gearbox and ecu??

cheers for help peops

(Y)(Y)

if mixing components it is not plug and play. i have once used half of the GA harness (ECU plug) and had to switch around a handful of important sensor wires. you can see this by examining both pinout diagrams. some differences include the knock sensor, placement of the coolant temp sensor and grounding points. if using GA harness + ECU it may well work but i wont expect too many gains as the cg10 ECU has more ignition advance. just my two cents......

as long as there non nats they will plug/play and work. as for it being safe its not proven yet but ive never had any problems when i used the ga16 stuff and also lost all flat spots

As i understand it from an member whos long since left the micra scene, the ga16 has one pin (iirc) thats different from the cg ecu and was clipped / rerouted so it would work (sending signals where it should). This was going from the wiring digrams of each ecu. I was told along time ago now (so hopefully im remembering correctly) and have never investigated myself as i didnt need too. But his micra ran with the modified ga16 ecu and blanked ga16 throttlebody and seemed pretty quick aswell....so who knows :D

I do have his said parts in a box somehwere, just never fitted / tested them.

Back