communicating with the ecu

micra_pete

Ex. Club Member
Simplest way is you buy the equipment, rather than building it / writing own software, for most people what is already out there will be good enough, im going to recommend the PLMS consult cable available from PLMS Developments website, they are very good members of the nissan world and make a very nice product, i also recommend getting the nissan datascan software

This will enable you to see what the ecu is seeing, it will not let you "re-flash" the ecu.

start.jpg

activetest.jpg

selfdiag.jpg

speedtrial.jpg

datadisplay.jpg

I am currently making my own software and i will get something up soon

I plan on buying it from PLMS in Australia, if you buy the cable and software from them its about £60 shipped to the UK

Prices & Ordering
$AU125
Consult Interface with DataScan software - fully tested.
$AU30
DataScan Software only.
$AU16
Postage (Air Mail) to most other countries.
$AU5
PayPal commission.

For the mathematically challenged, if you want the Interface with DataScan software that's $AU140 if you are fortunate enough to be in sunny Oz or $AU146 if you live elsewhere.

Hi,

I am the UK dealer for the Blazt product and keep usb and rs232 cables in stock for quick delivery to our UK customers. I can answer any questions you have on the cables and software package that we retail.

Cheers

Martin.

[email protected]

P.S. the PLMS cable has a nasty box in the cable and does not work with every car as there design is about a year out of date. They also do not offer a USB version. Our cable works every time!!!

maybe, but pete is a good bloke, i have never had a single problem with the plms cable, and i have used it on a lot of cars

Blazt said:
Hi,

I am the UK dealer for the Blazt product and keep usb and rs232 cables in stock for quick delivery to our UK customers. I can answer any questions you have on the cables and software package that we retail.

Cheers

Martin.

[email protected]

P.S. the PLMS cable has a nasty box in the cable and does not work with every car as there design is about a year out of date. They also do not offer a USB version. Our cable works every time!!!

I'd also ask the forum mods before selling stuff.

Can you tell me what components are in this 'nasty box' you mention?

the blatz cable has a very small circuit board that fits in the cable, the plms one has a larger board in a box, its still only small.

blatz
inside232large.JPG

plms
consult_if5.jpg

both are good products though

Was gonna invest in one of these a while back, now i just use the diagnostic stuff at work lol!

Sorry, didn't mean to sound rude, the plms product is a very good product, and not denying pete is a top bloke. But they are the rival company to ours, so naturally I think our product is better!!!!

:grinning:

And the ecu can not be re-mapped using just software alone, I have not looked into it much but I think a daughter board is needed with 2 chips in the Odd/Even format on it.

micra_pete is your man on what you can do with Micra ecu's. As far as I can tell he is the expert on Micra ecu's anywhere in the world (except the deepest darkest depths of Nissan).

the ECU canot be re=programed through the diagnostic port as far as im aware pete places a new daughter board into the ECU which houses to Eprom chips that can then be written to.. he carnt do the NATS ones yet though

so if i want my ECU remapping to get the best power output who do i see? and how much will it be?

oh prices are from :

PLMS
Code:
Live mid-market rates as of 2006.07.09 22:58:53 UTC.  
146.00 AUD
Australia Dollars  = 59.3061 GBP
United Kingdom Pounds  
1 AUD = 0.406206 GBP   1 GBP = 2.46181 AUD

BlaZt
Code:
Live mid-market rates as of 2006.07.09 23:00:53 UTC.  
130.00 USD
United States Dollars  = 70.2827 GBP
United Kingdom Pounds  
1 USD = 0.540636 GBP   1 GBP = 1.84967 USD

But what i dont understand is The software can be downloaded for free from http://blazt.biz/downloads/NissanDataScan1_51.zip

so we only need the Cable (USB) which is USB Interface cable US$88

which is

47.5746 GBP
United Kingdom Pounds
1 USD = 0.540621 GBP 1 GBP = 1.84973 USD

Am i correct?

im always happy to get ecus, send me a pm and we will sort something out.

Andy_S - my advice would be get the e-manage fitted, remapping the ecu is not a common thing over here, speak to ed

Back