Coilpack Cold Start Enrichment

Is there a way to disable this on the C/P engines? or at least cut down the time it is on for, as i have noticed when cold and at 1/2 to 3/4 throttle i get a pulse in acceleration, it only happens when cold and every now and then, but it will happen when cold, without fail. It dont really bother me as it only happens every now and then when the pedal is pressed, but as i said it will happen at some point when cold. When its heated up it fine, so i am guessing it is the cold start enrichment, and obviously having QG injectors, it is dumping in too much fuel when cold, i have tried different fuel pressures but it doesnt really make that much difference.

i shortened mine from 2 miles to half a mile with a 2nd coolant temp sensor wired in parallel AJ, praps a coilpack will too ?

Yeah i saw your way of doing it frank, just wasnt sure if it would work on my engine, worth a try i suppose :)

Not yet, i have a bluetooth OBDII unit on order and i have some software on my phone that shows when it goes closed/open loop, also should show basic AFR data. What am i looking for exactly?

should be bouncing up and down when its closed looping eh, and off the scale rich on acceleration, then off the scale lean on lift

and it reads constant rich during coldstart enrichment :)

does this mean that when in cold start it puts more fuel in to keep the engine running sorta thing, then once its warmed up it can reduce the amount of fuel, but with the new injectors it enters more fuel so there is less need for the cold fuel enrichment?

Back