coilovers

CMF_littlebear

» CMF Member
Turbo just bought GAB Revo Stroke's and they can go fuk'n low. There'll be a set of some sort going on White Knight down the track but I'm not exactly sure which one's (or where to start really).

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
how much is that in AUD?????

Not sure how much to spend. The g4's i was looking at on Ebay are 900 plus 200 shipping. So around that i guess. Will buy second hand ones and get them recoed if need be

contact gtrholic , he's got new **** coming, so his tein coilover are up for grabs. i think he'll want around the $1200 mark.. they are in excellent to new condition. height adjustable etc. not to hard, jus perfect for our roads.

CMF_xsoarerx

» CMF Member
if you want an easy trick, just devide thoes prices by 90 and you see the cost... but you got to also add in postage and import duty as well... thoes tanabe ones would cost 1000+ for example.

D2's and G4's and others like them are all made in the same factory, very poor quility and i have seen examples of snaped/bend suspension shafts on S14's Ae86's etc... causing pretty bad damage to the car when they fail. also these would be a item that fits not a coilover designed for the micra and the spring rates chosen to match.

that being said, its a small light weight car that wouldnt be 'as' thrashed as a larger car used to drift so chances are they would be fine, i have a mate thats been driving around with his D2's set on hard dampering setting for a while now and has not had a problem, but he drives like a girl so it doesnt prove much.

but for 900 its a pretty good price but you could get some good quilty japanise 2nd hand ones for that price delivered...

yeh, i'm happy with them, has gab alluminum strut tops too... cheap? ... you do realise there second hand? that inc. delivery. i'd be staying well away from any chinese products. pay a little extra and know your getting something good.

CMF_Mickb

» CMF Member
I have some (2nd-hand) GAB's coming in a container from japan, had the opportunity to buy G4's/D2's off a mate cheap as.. decided id also rather something a little used, but still a better bet than chinese/korean rubbish..

CMF_Pyro

» CMF Member
turbo march-rolling shell WROTE:

"contact gtrholic , he's got new **** coming, so his tein coilover are up for grabs...

Does Tein make coilovers for a k11? Anymore info on them? And what about the quality of Tanabe coilovers, anyone with experience?

Thanks

CMF_Pyro

» CMF Member
Well, I'm wondering what a set would cost and also what the availability is. Also if a set can be shipped to Europe. They stopped making them recently you said? Does that mean there are still a couple of sets around on the shelf here and there?

availability.. yeh... gtrholic has a set :D! i'm sure he'd be willing to ship provided money is sorted out. i doubt there are any new sets left here there or anywhere, if there are, would be very hard to find... maybe contact your local dealer for tein?

CMF_kristian...

» CMF Member
Ive personally fitted Daiyama coilovers to a micra..

They have a huge drop..

Around 120mm.. front AND back..

Much bigger range of adjustment than was actually listed ..

+ Adj Shocks etc..

Very nice!!!

CMF_Pyro

» CMF Member
Allright guys, at the moment I got a set of Tein springs and Im very very happy with the quality and behavior on them. I can imagine a set of coilovers would be brilliant for my cars handling. Fact is however that they are probably very hard to trace down now. So what other options are there? Daiyama? So you are satisfied with them Kristian? I just googled around a bit and found some pretty good reviews on em. So what about tanabe's? Any good?

Back