Seats and springs....

CMF_Shecky_32

» CMF Member
Hey guys,

Just wondering if there is any easy bolt in seats that are much more supportive then the stock k11 seats? As I'm finding it a great work out for my abs to hold my self in place on decent runs hahaha

Also I would like to put lowering springs in my car to drop it 80mm,
Is there anywhere I can buy them with out getting customs made up?

If there are topics already discussing these can someone point me on the right way please :)

CMF_AB-NRML

» CMF Member
The R32gt-r drivers seat dropped in ok ;-P
I I lined up the back hole on the 'transmission tunnel' and welded brackets and spacers on the other three mounting points.
before anyone starts on me about safety I am coded to weld pipes and pressure vessels.

I have seen WRX seats in a micra too.

CMF_Shecky_32

» CMF Member
If I use alto springs how much will it drop and is it just straight fit? Or do I use rear springs up front or other tricks like that?

And I can get a hold of a wrx seat on an s13 rail... Will that fit?

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
the alto and matiz rears are the same dimensions as the k11 fronts, just shorter, so you dont need compressors to fit them (only 10mm of preload)
they drop the front about 50mm (as in pic ^), and they are oem quality (unlike many chinese made lowering springs)
any more than 50mm will leave quite limited travel in the shocks, and crook swaybar ground clearance :)

CMF_Shecky_32

» CMF Member
I have searched and all I an find is putting suzuki alto rear springs in the front of the k11, what do you put in rear to match the alto springs?

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
if you fit the shorter corsa rear shocks, there are various options for the rear springs shecky (matiz/suzuki/cut stockies etc)
and full matiz front legs with the perches dropped will lower it a bit more than this (because this perch has been raised since, and only 1 leg is fitted)

CMF_Shecky_32

» CMF Member
Thank you, so I just get rear alto springs for front and rear matiz springs for rear and they will fit straight in no hassles until I get new struts/shocks?

CMF_Shecky_32

» CMF Member
Sorry matiz rear springs and corsa rear shocks together in rear And alto rear springs on matiz front struts up front fit straight in no hassle?

CMF_BigJohn

» CMF Member
So I've been reading quite a bit and have gone through the search results to find out the budget lowering process.

So, an ideal setup is to use the following:

Rear - SB Barina (AUS) / Corsa (UK) rear shocks with Matiz rear springs.

Front - Matiz front struts (or "legs" as frank2 calls them) with Matiz rear springs? Is this correct? Why not just use the Matiz front springs with the Matiz front strus / "legs"?

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
the matiz front spring is a smaller dia at the bottom john, so spring options are limited really.
its 11 coils and very long, so you can grind the weld tacks off and let the perch drop to the bottom (and still be captive)
these are the complete legs from the previous pic ^ (shock/spring/topmount) with the perch not fully dropped
the pic at the top has alto rear springs fitted to the stock shock

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
BigJohn WROTE:

"Thanks Frank,

So in short, Matiz rear springs and Matiz front struts/legs combo up front will work?

in short john, the easy 40 to 50mm budget option is suzuki or matiz rear springs on the front.
another 40 to 50mm option if you want to try a different damper ratio shocker, is matiz frontshock and front spring with the k11 topmount.
and if you want a 50 to 90mm drop, you can lower the perch accordingly.
all of these options leave the spring captive on droop
one reservation is that my red car was very very loose on the back (either under braking, or solely on lift) that car had matiz front struts and no swaybars

Back