Coil overs

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
you can easily measure the dia and wire gauge while they are on the car schon, and the free length is about 350 mm (top spring)
the lower spring is a daewoo matiz rear (which fit the front ok), if you want to go any lower and you will need progressive rate springs else they wont be captive when jacked up :O

frank

Attachments

• 53833.jpg
    53833.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 22

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
Micra_King WROTE:

"Whats the ride like with the daewoo matiz springs fitted frank?

exactly the same as stock MK, i tried out my suzuki rear ones on the front again last week (while my matiz ones were being shortened and reworked with a torch) and the suzuki ones are too firm for my liking, ie, speedbumps that i could take @ 20mph with the stock or matiz ones had to be taken at about 10 or 15mph

frank

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
Schon WROTE:

"is it the same size the front and rear of micra? and which do you recommend for rear?

the stock rears are a similar free length but a different dia shlon, and i could,nt find anything suitable.
the problem with the rears are the long shockers, ie shorter springs become loose when the car is lifted.
so you need either aftermarket progressive rate springs or else shorter shocks

frank

CMF_Jon (2)

» CMF Member
Matthew harrison WROTE:

"2003 corolla sportivo 2zz-ge king springs. U will want 2 sets of rear springs. Not the front springs. U will have to chop the tapered in end of the king springs. Other then that it's perfect fit. :D

Chopping springs is stupid and not safe, end of story.

CMF_Jon (2)

» CMF Member
Agree with you there kovert,
Seems to be that majority want "full sik low" and dont really care about handling.
Decent Coilovers will give you the low look your after and make it handle, but you have to spend decent money to achieve this as well as other suspension components.
Heck, I spent over 3 grand on koni coilovers for my VR6 Golf, gave me awesome handling and low look (not that I wanted the euro slammed look)

If you want handling on cheapish money, get some decent shocks and springs and a few whiteline bits. Sure would beat the bumpiness of cheap coilovers or chopped springs.

CMF_alexzaki1986

» CMF Member
Hehe...i also think in that way :) I understand that coilovers are expensive and not many can affod them, but thats the reason i got myself H&R spings kit and KYB Excel G gas suspension and im loving the quality of the ride....its awesome!

I would never chop the springs.....its just not worth it...my opinion :)

I mean its hella fun to experiment with other car springs, and chop them...but safety is first, plus ordinary springs from Tein, V-maxx, H&R...are affordable and if you combine them with decent dampers your about to have a quality ride ;)

Later,
Alex

Back