Clutch Replacement ?

CMF_mickyh7

» CMF Member
Hi Guys,I've replaced quite a few clutches in my time ,but never a Micra!
How long should it take me.
I don't have a Garage ,so it will be getting done on my driveway.I have a 'Haynes' Manual, but often find it tells you to remove parts you don't really need to !
Any tips or suggestions will be welcome.
Thanks - Mick.

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
they,re pretty straight forward mick, i usually remove the n/s headlamp plug and battery tray and secure the loom/tray etc to the n/s bonnet hinge.
then access to the bolts is easy, then i remove the 4 bolts in the rear mount and lower the g/box to the floor (starter motor and shafts in situ if you prefer)
1/2 a day if you,re tooled up (the location bushes/collars tend to seize in btw)

frank

CMF_mickyh7

» CMF Member
frank2 WROTE:

"they,re pretty straight forward mick, i usually remove the n/s headlamp plug and battery tray and secure the loom/tray etc to the n/s bonnet hinge.

then access to the bolts is easy, then i remove the 4 bolts in the rear mount and lower the g/box to the floor (starter motor and shafts in situ if you prefer)

1/2 a day if you,re tooled up (the location bushes/collars tend to seize in btw)

frank

Thanks Frank,that's what I needed to know.I'll do it tomorrow morning.

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
np mick, if you fit a loose fitting nut and bolt into the front hole (in pic) i find it slides back on a treat

frank

Attachments

• 53922.jpg
    53922.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 29

CMF_mickyh7

» CMF Member
sikK11 WROTE:

"Yeah should take you around 3-4 hours but do the rear main at the same time just cos its all off. Good luck mate

And it only took 3.5 hours! Saved around £250 GB pounds ! Not even such a difficult job.
Shame about the oil stains on my driveway ! The Wife is not impressed !
Thanks to all who contributed.

Back