clutch replacement tips

Belly93

to turbo or new lump :/ hmmm
i may be replacing my clutch this weekend, should have been done when engine was out but lack of funds couldnt allow :(, does anyone have any tips or hints of ways to do this? i have a 2000 coilpack 1.4 with a 1.0l box on,

thanks in advance

Its pretty straight forward, i just used a jack to keep the engine up in the correct place and another to take the weight of the gearbox as you slide it free and away under passenger side.

As im assuming you've already had the box off it should remove without too much hassle. :)

Apart from that just gotta make sure the new clutch is centered properly.

dont mean to sound rude but dont suppose you would be free to lend a hand at any point would you? and the box was still tight to go back on :/ but doubt it will be too bad

how long do you think it would take? and i have sum tools but not alot lol dont suppose you have an aligning tool do you?

Not 100% sure as i've never timed it. :) Most awkward bit is getting the gearbox off.

I do have an alignment tool for the clutch yeah.

It'd probably be the weather that'll decide what happens.

i may be replacing my clutch this weekend, should have been done when engine was out but lack of funds couldnt allow :(, does anyone have any tips or hints of ways to do this? i have a 2000 coilpack 1.4 with a 1.0l box on,

thanks in advance
may need you to teach me how to do it some day :D

You might get lucky with alignment and have a socket extension that fits inside the splined part of the crank end, a bit of tape to bring it up to the correct diameter.It worked a treat on my jn15 vzr.

Also to help line up the box i used two threaded bolts and cut the head off. Thread it into two holes of the engine block so when your fitting the box it just slides along the two bolts. Once it's on just unscrew the bolts with your hands and replace with the correct bolts :)

Sent from... My phone

Not 100% sure as i've never timed it. :) Most awkward bit is getting the gearbox off.

I do have an alignment tool for the clutch yeah.

It'd probably be the weather that'll decide what happens.
i have the clutch but have a set of brakes to do after work on saturday but am good after that

i found that making this hook that bolts where the clutch cable brace mounts on the gearbox would keep it hung nice n level on a crane so you just position it and slot it in really easy stress-free without worrying bout bending input shafts or manually supporting the heavy gearbox as it struggles to slot in

http://micra.org.uk/threads/pollymobiles-rebuild.35251/page-49#post-508870
unfortunatley i dont have a hoist paul :( well not at home anyway

micra box shouldnt be too heavy, only a small little thing, i've carried the engine two flights of stairs on my own so gearbox surely is managable :p

Sent from... My phone

just twiddle the clutch cable end adjustment thumbscrew till the bite point is between 1/2 and 1/4 way up from the floor

youd loosen the lock nut 12mm i believe, then loosen the thumb screw thing. this should give you more free play on the pedal/cable, once happy tighten the lock nut again

I did that and the pedal stopped returning to the top it stayd pressed any idea why this happened?

unsure at the moment i re adjusted it so the pedal returns as its my daily user and was at work today

Back