Clutch pedal height

CMF_M5

» CMF Member
Hi Guys

Something I have been meaning to ask for a long time, I've noticed on my Micra (manual slx series 2)that the clutch pedal sits higher than the brake pedal. The car has never had a new clutch installed (148,000km and still going strong!) though i did replace the clutch cabble about a year ago. Is this higher clutch pedal a factory setting? or do you think someone has had a play with the pedal height at some stage maybe trying to create some more freeplay for the clutch.

Regards

Henry

CMF_makes

» CMF Member
Hi Henry,

The clutch pedal in my car was also significantly higher than the brake pedal before I installed a new clutch recently....

With the new clutch installed and the correct cable/pedal adjustment the clutch pedal has now ended up at the same height as the brake pedal.

Yes, I think as the clutch wears out the pedal position is adjusted to keep the clutch operational within the proper limits.

CMF_M5

» CMF Member
Thanks for that Makes, I appreciate your response to my question, I guess I will also end up with level pedals when new clutch time eventually comes around.....(hopefully not too soon!)

Regards

Henry

Attachments

• 20141.jpg
    20141.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 37
Back