Clutch knock

I have a problem with my Micra, when I press the clutch at the start of the pedal movement there is a knock, like something catching, I cannot find what it is, any ideas, It only happens on the way down, not on the way up, thanks in advance

Probably a broken clutch diaphragm finger. If this is the case it will be potentially damaging the release bearing. Might last for thousands of miles before anything else breaks, but when it does go it will leave you with no clutch. Personally I'd whip the gearbox out and fit a new three piece clutch, sooner rather than later. I did mine a few weeks ago when one of the pressure plate support springs broke, causing clutch drag and difficult gear changes. When I got the car a few weeks earlier I did notice some noise when engaging the clutch but ignored it till something failed, in this case about three weeks and about 1500 miles later. :(
I picked up a complete three piece LUK clutch kit from Carparts4less for £73 inc of carriage, but it did take two experienced pensioners (with access to all of the necessary kit) about 6 hours to do the job.:D

Back