Clutch Bearing Renewal

A

ady347

Hi, My Wifes 95 Micra Has A Rattly Thrust Bearing, Im Going To Pick Up A Haynes Manual Tomorrow,just To Point Me In A Right Direction!! Ive Got Most Tools And Am Intermeadiate When It Comes To These Jobs,never Removed Gearbox B4! Are They Straight Forward To Replace,using My Drive And Ramps, To Be Honest Im Not Changin Whole Clutch As It Doesnt Seem Bad, And We Are Getting Her A Newer Micra Sometime. Also Is Their Anything To Be Careful Of When Removing.

Many Thanks For Any Tips!!

You'll not be able to do it with ramps either as you need to remove the driveshafts.

I didn't think that the K11 gearbox was heavy, and what do you need the breaker bar for?

Agree, they are much lighter than the ST one, and I can put that on and off on my own so it will be fine. If you undo everything but leave the clutch cable connected you can actually press the clutch to break off the box. Youll want someone either holding the box or pressing the pedal though so it doesnt fall onto the floor lol.

lol breaking the box off. I tell ya that wasnt fun.

When i helped someone do his it seemed the locator dowels had corroded in place. Wasnt fun removing it I can tell you that.

Back