Thrust bearing???

Hey guys I've got what sounds like a rattle coming from the gearbox area when on tick over, however when I put my foot on the clutch it stops. Is this the thrust bearing? And how difficult are they to change? Thanks in advance guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay cheers mate:) ahaa how long do u think it will last? Or does that depend on how hard I drive it lol

Depends, could just be a bit noisy?

If you're going to replace the bearing, I'd suggest doing a clutch at the same time if it hasn't had one recently.

I had this on a gti6 recently turned out to be really low gearbox oil. Broke the box I. The end.

That was noise then went away with your foot on the clutch
aye paul :) the g/box shafts are turning when the car is in neutral eh (hence the rumble) but they stop turning when you dip the clutch, and the noise stops

aye paul :) the g/box shafts are turning when the car is in neutral eh (hence the rumble) but they stop turning when you dip the clutch, and the noise stops
Thrust bearimgs whirr when touching the pressure plate fingers ? Might be the rattle.

If I got time il drop the box out this weekend and have a look...cheers fir your help guys.

Back