cluster!

CMF_jay.w

» CMF Member
hey guys how the hell do you take the cluster out! i wanted to change the globes to blue led i thought they were T10s like my old camry but there T5. I screwed around looking at the bulbs thru the windscreen but now non of the bloody lights work ecept abs, brake the speedo and rev wont light up this realy wasnt what i was expecting

please help!

thanks jay.

CMF_Danvillan

» CMF Member
sounds like you had majority of the job done, once you take the shroud off the cluster, there is like 4 nuts you need to take off, then unplug the loom. That's it.......the cluster pulls out.

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Keep in mind that LEDs are polarised - you need to get them the right way around or they won't work - try flipping the polarity of the LED in the plug (or even flip the plug?) and put it back and see if it makes a difference. I was doing this last night in fact and had to do it a couple of times for various ones as they're so tiny I had to do it by trial-and-error.

There was another thread saying the cluster uses 3x T5 and 4x T10 but really, there's only 2x T10. One is the Battery light and the other is the Fuel light. Because the fuel light dims in and out, I left that one as a filament bulb rather than LED as LED can't fade in/out. There's 4x backlight T5 lights, the indicators use T5 and all others you'll need are T5, too. This is based on an Australian/UK Super-S cluster. I'm pretty sure my LX one would've been the same also.

Greo WROTE:

"if the dimmer is unplugged none of the dash's "park" lights will come on when the headlights/parkers are turned on

yeah, this too :)

Best of luck!

---dens

CMF_jay.w

» CMF Member
hey guys after stuffing around i got them to work altho the fuel light stays on so i might have to do what you said dens and just use a normal globe other than that im quite happy with it

by the way do any of you guys know how to change the globes in the heater controls i know theyd be T5 but id like to have an idear of what to do rather than pull it to bits and break it lol

thanks guys

Back