Nismo rear clear lights

D

deluxe

does anyone know where to buy Nismo rear clear lights?
id realy like to know...

no such thing i dont think! you can get un e-marked clear lenses but no "nismo" ones that i know of or even lexus ones

RE: RE: Nismo rear clear lights

Big_ben said:
no such thing i dont think! you can get un e-marked clear lenses but no "nismo" ones that i know of or even lexus ones
allright ..do you know where to buy them....

direct car parts, ebay POTN, loads of places sell em but theyre about £130 new + there not E-marked. I have them on mine but to pass the MOT u need to stick some reflectors on the back of your car somewhere and the bulb holdres need chopping to accept our bulbs try POTN.co.uk and DCP. Not sure where there cheapest but this is the DCP one

http://www.dcp-shop.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1_26_38&products_id=425

You'll need to put red reflectors somewhere on the rear of your car - all clusters have these built in apart from these clear ones.

i got mine from motor-world day of my MOT £1.99 for the pair n self adhesive, i just stuck em on the boot lid n then took em off day after.

As for the bulbs, you do need coloured ones. You can get the inidcator single filament bulbs from anywhere really that sells bulbs etc but the twin filament stop.tail bulbs are a little harder but motor-world do sell em for £2 or something. I couldnt find the single filament ones for the fog light anywhere though so i had to order them off the net, think again i paid about £2 from speeding.co.uk and as for the reverse light well its white so just use an original bulb.

The only problem I found with the coloured bulbs was that I had to replace them every few months because the colour coating that was on them kept coming off with the heat. You may be better off getting some bulbs from here UltraLEDs - it'll be cheaper in the long run

yeah, thats what i plan to do but at the minute got too many things on with the car and need to sort my life out a bit

RE: RE: Nismo rear clear lights

richmicratwista said:
can i use led cluster bulbs then as long as they have a bayonet fitment

Yep. The only difference will be with the indicator bulbs. When you put LED's in these, you get them flashing twice as fast (the warning signal that one of the bulbs has gone) If I were you, i'd stick to silvered Philips bulbs for these - otherwise it gets annoying.

How about the fitment, i got my clear's lying around for a while now, but it seems i have to cut the old clusters loose as they seem to be glued to the car. How about refitting do I have to get some kit to put them on. And as they are not e-marked and legal overhere, cant i just put some non sticky rubber on it or something. I dont want to have to cut them off everytime I go for my MOT...

no cutting involved. Theres 3 screws on the inside. Unscrew the bolts. You will notice that there is a black tar like residue holding the lights in place. Heat this up with a heat gun or hairdryer and peel the lights away from the car, when you done that, heat the resiude thats left over up and roll it up into sausages. Use thesesausages to roll around the area where the new lights will go back in and then put the lights on and tighten up the bolts, the residue will cool down and solidify and serve 2 purposes, water prrofing and holding the lights in place.

You dont need to bother taking them off for the MOT - get yourself to halfords or motor world and buy some red self adhesive reflectors for about £2 and stick them on the boot lid or somewhere on the back of the car and the car will pass. I just done it earlier this month.

:devil:i have got the clear lenses on my micra.

i got them from direction car parts ltd £119 including everything!

they sent the reflectors, red in colour and coloured bulbs with the lenses for you to add to your car!

thats good service!

but one of the red bulbs going now brake light red bulb, i have extra bulbs but all are clear in colour, all double filement, is there any colour sprays or paints, which i can get to colour them with in red !

any advice well come!

Which bulb do I need as the rear foglight, I was thinking of a led one off ultraleds. Anyone knows which one I need?

why? Just buy a bulb instead, it a lot cheaper, fair enough they last longer etc. but wouldnt bother personally

Back