Cleaning

Alienfish360

Awesome Dawson
After a year of abuse of driving back and to, to a dirty job, my interior is filthy, any tips for cleaning interior panels and the dashboard when it's heavily soiled.

For the carpets inc the fabric door cards and ceiling use a foamy fabric cleaner and follow the instructions. You might find fabrics are damaged though if it is excessive dirt.

as for plastics it's just a case of soapy water and elbow grease.

If you want to get some proper products have a look around the cleaning secion in Halfords.

But i'd just do what I said above over and over until it is clean!

in my old K10 i removed all the carpets and seats and used carpet shampoo, scrubby brush and human powerz then left them in the sun to dry. That interior looked brand new when i was finished, and actually help sell the car :D

Try kitchen cleaners. Something like cillet bang might be good for it.

Careful of bleach ones though. And don't leave them on too long.

Orange Glo or equivalent works really well on dashboards, vinyl and plastics. Use neat if it's really tough or dilute if it's just a quick clean........cuts through pretty much anything really and doesn't smell too bad either ;)

For carpets, door cards, seats etc, I use the usual carpet shampoos, (1001 or similar). For anything that's particularly stubborn I use a solution of water & Oxyclean or equivalent in a spray bottle to soak before shampooing, also very good for spot cleaning.......really good stuff and gets most stubborn stains out without being harsh.

Back