Chrome door handles

RustyCheez

Ex. Club Member
My wife’s 2001 SE+ drivers door handle has broken and unfortunately it’s one of the chrome ones. Tried some scrap yards and Nissan dealers but no one has any. Any chance some one may know where I can get hold of them either new or used?.

My wife’s 2001 SE+ drivers door handle has broken and unfortunately it’s one of the chrome ones. Tried some scrap yards and Nissan dealers but no one has any. Any chance some one may know where I can get hold of them either new or used?.
Sorry cheezy I bagsy one first... hehehe :) Mine's gone too - they must have used really cheap rubbish plastic to make 'em. Nissan were charging their usual stupidly stratospheric prices for new ones but they've stopped stocking them now anyway... grrrr!

Yes I have also tried everywhere now to find one, but I have bought black ones from eBay and have contacted a company called Chromespray (www.chromespray.co.uk). They spray almost anything including plastic that looks like chrome, I have been quoted £60 for one handle. I will give it a go and see what the results are like and let you know whether it’s worth it.

Don't bother mate, waste of time and money - already tried using them to chrome up my door trims and a couple of other bits and pieces. Within a matter of a few days after putting the trims back on the car the finish was already degrading and eventually practically peeled itself all off to reveal grey basecoat/primer. It just doesn't seem to be able to stand up to the outside elements for whatever reason. Not to mention the guy there takes ages and a whole lot of cajoling to even get the job done in the first place anyway. Avoid, trust me! I was thinking of getting another handle and just getting it wrapped in a chrome-y type vinyl but haven't got round to it as yet.

Back