Cheap Audio Upgrade, Sound Deadening?

Ok guys I have a 1993 1.3 LX and I decided to change the speakers in my car and bought some Pioneer TS-G1721i 230W (40W RMS) speakers off ebay for £22.39. I have a Sony CDX-GT540UI head unit that does 52Wx4 and thought this would go well to produce reasonable sound in a small space like the micra.

Anyway, I reapplied the waterproof clear sheet with silicone and installed one of the speakers in the passenger side, but it sounds terrible due to all the vibrations. I realised I had basically created a drum with the plastic sheet, so now im trying to figure out a cheap way of sound deadening the doors. I have some of that shiny underlay/insulation for laminate flooring and I also have some cheap thin camping mats. Is this worth using? And if so, what adhesive is best? I have silicone, UHU glue, no more nails, pink grip and epoxy.

Any help much appreciated. :)

I put three pieces of elastic bands around the lock mechanism at three different points to reduce vibration and used silicone to stick in the laminate flooring insulation in. I cut out the speaker section of the clear water proof sheet and stuck that in the speaker whole to protect the speaker from water and I cut a ring of camping mat foam to go behind the speaker.

Its allot better than before, still not perfect as the window carrier and mechanism seems to be vibrating but not much you can do about that unless youve got loads of time to disassemble the whole door and put cushioning around every nut and bolt.

Back