changing the dashboard

While down the scrap yard getting a gearbox for my sons micra i noticed a micra with a green speedo and rev counter.I was wondering would this fit in my sons as he has the standard dashboard,black(no rec counter),has anybody fitted one in to there car and are there any pit falls thanks guys

id say yes but it has to be the one with speedo cable to fit your sons 1996 and then you need to run cable from the ecu to make rev counter work.

Thank you, one thing i have noticed is there seems to be three if i remember rightly little lcd pannels on the green one,are they just for the warning lights,indicators ect? one looks like a clock which would be nice as he has not got one at the mo so would it be a straight replacement or do i have to change wirers around?thanks for your help

update i have got the dashboard and the blocks on the back looking at your picture the was a wire soldered to the back of the rev counter,dose this mean i do not need to solder any wires i just need to extended the blue wire that is there?on the black wireing block the came with the dash board

Done it:laugh:the only thing that threw us was on the picture of the block on the back of the dials,that had an empty spade on mine the cable was there so insted of soldering the cable to the board on the back i cut the wire and soldered it to that job done thanks guys

tbh there is not a lot to show you, so far i have changed the top timing chain, the dials i have some tweeters and the covers to put on then next will be the gear box.I would love to change the hatch back for one with a spoiler and rear wash/wipe or just a spoiler but not sure how easy that is but me thinks that is for another thread.I have also fitted the led for the alarm in the cover that hides the bolt for the dash board next to the windscreen looks good me thinks.As soon as i have sortered the tweeters i will take some pics

Back