changing the colour of my car

alien10

Ex. Club Member
hi,

been thinging of changing the colour of my k10 GS, it's Nissan Light Blue (paint code 106), and iam thinging of changing the colour, but not sure what colour to change it to yet.

once i've changed the colour, do i have to inform the dvla that i've done it, or is ok if i just go ahead and do it.

any advise would be most helpful

cool, might go for a dark blue, don't realy like the light blue, how much do you think it would cost to have the job done

my dads is a in the DVLA i asked him about paint andhe said "Yeah you'll have to tell them,but not until you have completely finished changing it, same goes for anything you change."

cool, right need to think what colour iam going to change it to, might leave it till after xmas is out of the way

LOL hey can't go for matt black thats my color :glance: but the best you can do if you need it for work is prime it cos its too cold and rainy to do the whole thing, unless .......... if you can book it in to a sprayshop then book a week of work and have a holiday or something.:upside:

It'l cost you about £600-£1000 i reckon. Cheaper up north though

Don't always go for the cheapest price, you may end up paying for it when they do a bad job

Also depends whether you have metallic paint, that adds to the cost...

...i painted a car in House paint once, Gloss Black, very shiny! :laugh:

Also depends whether you have metallic paint, that adds to the cost...

...i painted a car in House paint once, Gloss Black, very shiny! :laugh:

why?

it shouldnt cost any more.

metalic paint is made in the same way, using the same paints.
i know. i mix the stuff about 40 times a day.
it costs the same to make and to apply. i just dont understand how anyone can charge for a change in colour "type"... unless its a "flip" "chrome" or matte colour

why?

it shouldnt cost any more.

metalic paint is made in the same way, using the same paints.
i know. i mix the stuff about 40 times a day.
it costs the same to make and to apply. i just dont understand how anyone can charge for a change in colour "type"... unless its a "flip" "chrome" or matte colour

Just assumed it would be more as the plain colours like white or Black seem to be quite cheap but metallic isn't when i've been quoted for jobs in the past...now i know it's not that expensive i'll be able to have the upperhand, cheers Antony :)

Pic of my last car, the paint cost £1200....Kawasaki light Metallic Blue :)

95-mitsubishi-fto-corner.jpg

Back