changing pistons!

have the engine out of the st a last. opend it up there tonight an noticed the bore badly scored, goina get her bored out now and was wondering it safe to bore the block out to suit the 1235cc pistons. if it is then a can gat forged copies made by JE.

your boring a 930cc to 1235cc, if its at all possible to do without hitting a water jacket then you will be decreasing the reliability of the engine alot imo

I believe Ed mentioned to me once that they used the 930cc instead of the 1.0L as it has thicker walls due to the smaller bore, and was therefore stronger for charging.

Alienfish360 said:
I believe Ed mentioned to me once that they used the 930cc instead of the 1.0L as it has thicker walls due to the smaller bore, and was therefore stronger for charging.

I also believe it says that on wikipeida, although i'm a lil tipsy, so don't listen 2 anythnng I have 2 say!!

that makes sense to me, different engines alltogether but the rover V8... the only variant to suffer big problems is the big daddy 4.6, its because the liners are so thin the coolant can leak from between the liner and block, this seam is close to the edge of the fire ring and the engine starts burning water

i too am tipsy so this may not be relavent :laugh:

only reason they are 930cc was that they were scaled down from 988 to get into group b racing class in japan. 930x 1.7(because of forced induction)=1581 cc
reckon a could take it out to suit the oversize 988cc pistons witout any problems. would be cool if it took the 1235s though!!

Good luck mate,your fuel pump I got worked grand, cars going great.
Getting the exhaust done in jon in newry sat as the standard one is rusting off the car

got a nice surprise when i got the head off tho, the lad in portmarnock did actually fit new valves an stemseals and new manifold gaskets although the headgasket is far from new.

thats one of them how long is a piece of string type questions!! if a stick with it now mabye spring time? hope dat man makes good job of ur exhaust. do them gtir brakes def fit coz mite get a set from the scrappie on sat.

Back