Changing normal clocks to super s style clocks.

Hi people, I am new here and are pretty new to Micras as it is! But the main thing is that I am very interested in them! Anyway, recently I have inherited a 1998 Micra Passion 1.0 and, bieng a passion, It has the base clocks. I keep looking at super s Micras and wishing it had a rev counter. I was just wondering if you could swap the two different versions easily, or if the wiring is different because of the extra gauge. Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from one of Jupiter's moons using Tapatalk

I just got a set and plugged them in and they worked. Try that first. If the rev counter doesn't work it's only one wire that carries the tacho signal.

Chris. :)

Takes 5 minutes to wire in the tacho feed to the dizzy if it doesn't work. Blue wire on the dizzy plug and the blue with black stripe on the clocks. There's 2 blue with black stripes on the clocks one will make the car cut on the other the Rev counter will work!

'94 k11 dot 1.0
McGill Motorsport steering wheel
Mountney steering wheel boss kit
Side exit peashooter exhaust
Lowered on Kilen springs
Renault 5 GT turbo turbine wheels 13"
Nankang NS2R semi slicks on the front
Whiteline front arb (not fitted)
Idle control systems removed
Intake trumpet on throttle body
Micra SR clocks (green)
GT15 turbo to be fitted (waiting on rrfpr)

Hi and welcome to the Forum, like fellow members have said it's a easy upgrade, your first face lift 1997 Micra Passion has a cable drive speedometer so you need a pre-2000 instrument cluster! Fellow MSC member davyboy might be able to sell you one at a reasonable price!

Cheers
Andy :D

Hi and welcome to the Forum, like fellow members have said it's a easy upgrade, your first face lift 1997 Micra Passion has a cable drive speedometer so you need a pre-2000 instrument cluster! Fellow MSC member davyboy might be able to sell you one at a reasonable price!

Cheers
Andy :D

Hey Andy, thanks for the welcome! I will p/m davyboy and see if he has one.

Back