CG13 motor oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CG13

CG13 engine oil

I have a Nissan Micra (K11) 1.3i 16V CG13 10/92

Can you advise what engine oil is best for it?

i use GTX magnatec in everything of mine... to the manufactures specs as regart to viscosity.

basically any expencive brand thats tried and tested especially if you give ur engine a good seeing to :) when mine gets build im putting the good stuff in it :)

Raceworx said:
i use GTX magnatec in everything of mine... to the manufactures specs as regart to viscosity.
The garage that does mine and my parent's cars use that.

CG13 said:
I have a Nissan Micra (K11) 1.3i 16V CG13 10/92

Can you advise what engine oil is best for it?

Nissan recommend a 10W-30 oil for UK and that will cover the temperatures here. Theoretically, a 20W-50 oil will reduce engine power albeit providing unneeded protection.

If you can afford it, however, a modern 'synthetic' oil, in comparison with a conventional multigrade, provides all the protection your engine needs, without having any contaminants which produce sludging and pre-ignition in cylinders. Most oil manufacturers now have a synthetic oil in their range, and if I was buying a new car, I'd use a synthetic oil from the start. With an old 1994 car, however, I doubt if it would be worthwhile.

10w40 is the oil u need, its up to you which make/brand you use ,castrol, texaco, halfords, comma. as long as its 10w40.

btw 10w40 is used mostly in multivalved fuel injected engines!!!

i use 0-w40 Fully synthetic Mobil 1.. as a recomendation by the mazda and nissan main dealership..

the single best advance in engine oil technology in history....

quietens the engine down....allows it to rev quicker (slightly)
the inside of the rocker cover is a very shiney GOLD colour even after 2000miles of hard driving...

low viscosity at startup to allow the oil to reach every part of the engine quickly.

doesnt burn off in the exhaust so you wont get any smoking...

last slightly longer too

downside..

its £35 a bottle for 4.5 litres....

This is a complete and utter thread for the dead with no valid reason

:stewieloc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back