CG13 into a k10

Mark

Ex. Club Member
I know this has been spoken about before probubly thousands of time but still,

Having got myself that white super s which needs another engine, thinking to myself why not drop a cg13 into it??? I'm selling my red super s and can use the money from that.

question is does anyone know someone who will drop a cg13 into my white super s???

there has to be someone. also does anyone wanna buy my red L reg super s???

id say speak to wayne or george. Other then that, some professionals somewhere. If done, it'll be one VERY fast K10 :)

Contact Krazy about the Super S

As for Engine, im sure Quickdraw would do it if he had the time, and you had the money

Arnold

as you know mark, my k11s only slightly quicker than yours and mines only slightly modded, and yours weighs less - do the maths and youll have one tasty micra. only problem is, if your going to the trouble of doin the conversion to a cg13de block, why not go for ga16 or even sr20 block?

I've got a complete k11 with a cg13 in (1993), i'll swap you for your super s!

P.S. I think the engine will mount up to the existing mounts with a little persuasion (fabrication), would do it myself if i had a super s. How much u looking for ur super anyway???

its a lotof hastle to put a CG13 in a K10 for not much benefit. it would only take the same amount of effort for a SR20

isnt torque pretty much depentant on displacement and compression ratio? I was under this impression, i was also under the impression that the CG13 has more torque then a MA12

I know someone Mark, if you could sort it that i could send you PM's i could contact you more freely!!!!!! :)

There is someone in Birmingham that i'm using to fit my 2.0ltr lump, i'm pretty sure he could do it without too much trouble, might have to wait a month or so until he finishes mine but like i said, shouldn't be much bother.

Can thank Luke for the contact, legend

i think using the cg13 is well worth the effort,,but you could buy a new 160sr engine HR16DE (dunno if thats rite code),,they have 113ft/lb :D HA

where did you get this torque rating from mark? that seems awfully low.

according to a site i use, the MA12 has 69lb/ft og torque while the cg13 has 76lb/ft of torque

inaccurate gtech times mean nothing to me james.

plus doing that on the road is obviously illegal. leave it for the pod

Mark said:
inaccurate gtech times mean nothing to me james.

plus doing that on the road is obviously illegal. leave it for the pod

I dont think the times are inaccurate, considering they're all in the 17's! If one was 15, one was 16 and the rest were 17, you'd have to agree they are wrong, but they're not! they're all in the same second.

As for illegal, its not like you stick to the speed limits e.g.
http://www.kroozmidz.net/new/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1852

Killed a 1.3SR? what to 70 LOL

I dont believe james standard car can hit those sorts of times because:

1) tommo's car at the pod after nine runs managed a best run of 18.2
2) standard 0-60 is about 11.something for a k11.
3)its a well know fact gtech's on slow cars are inaccurate
4)an AX GT(85bhp 84ib/ft) runs 17.2sec 1/4 mile standard and there is no way on gods green earth a standard k11 1.3 16v 74bhp 58ft/lb on 15's is gonna get anywhere near that.

I wont be convinced otherwise unless i see real times at the pod or any other properly timed event.

at the pod i'd expect it to do high 18's which would be pretty good for a standard k11

"None.

Well it's got a strut brace, and its on 15s which probably slows it down, but other than that, standard.
"

Yeah, but I didn't say that's what i'm coming in Pod. Well, in fact it's probably going more standard! The standard 13" SR alloys :)

Keep the 15's, if there the times your getting on the G-tech with them on, theres no point taking them off :)

Modded K10 1.2 less power and less torque than a standard K11 1.3. I dont see what all the fuss is about. The K10 doesnt stand a chance.

K10 doesnt stand a chance? sorry but your dead wrong

Did I not beat a 1.3 16V K11 at the pod? I still have the slip to prove it.

Howard told me a MA12 has more torque than a CG13, and its on Parkers.

parkers have it that a 1.3 has 58ft/lbs torque but they have the same for the 1.0 ltr so i don't think 58ft/lbs is right for a 1.3 :)

Slim made a mistake, Its not right. What I said was the correct value.

It doesnt take an idiot to realise that 8 extra valves and more capacity will also have more torque. As I said, K10 doesnt stand a chance!

the k11 i raced was always behind me at the pod. if you sat in the passenger seat of my car then you would have seen, plus i ran my car on 15's, not steelies like the k11.

I think ed you dont realise that I have been in and raced against another K11, so i'm not going on about a car i have no idea about.

Tommo knows my car is faster than his (a 1.3 K11). Its not a mith or something one person has said, and everyone has listened to and believed without seeing it in person. Tommo's may be able to pull a higher top speed but on the pod and 0-60 that means nothing.

Tommo ran NINE runs at the pod and managed 18.2 best. same sort of weather etc and his car is not standard. mine ran a best of 17.8 so the k11 is faster?

K11's are not fast, not fast at all in fact.

they even get beat by cinquentoe sportings ey bloke lol

Mark.

you beat him to the line so but it doesnt really make an ma12 more powerfull or any better than a cg13 dus it? if it was a fair race and he didnt miss gears lets see who would have run quickest, as for a cg13 in a k10 i`d love to see it done it would be a very quick little car, :)

I know the cg13 is a more powerful engine, I'm going the pod again in october,

yes a cg13 in a k10 would be really cool

im sorry but 11.something standard 60 of a k11 is not that in the real world. Richie had seen my standard super s go, that could crack 60 in under 10 seconds, with 15s totally stock engine.

edit: yes infact a CG13 powered k10 would be freakin' SWEET :)

Ian

Back