Cg13 coil on plug conversion, easy or not so easy to pull off?

Doe some one run coil on plug on a Cg13 engine? If not, is it possible? I ask this because I since a short time have learned that the most spark energy is being lost at the rotor onto the cap, no matter how new those two parts are it stays significant.

i ran coilpack engines in my preface k11,s after swapping the head over richard, you wont gain anything tho

Any ignition that will be stronger is good for me. Works better on a Sr20 though but my Ga16 can do better I'm sure. The thing is, how I going to delete the distributor and maybe in the end it is not going to be worthwile for me and I already learned my air intake can be better but the cams lack a bit, nothing special, but it is lacking. Bottom end is what I am after. Also a better spark is just better, even if it doesn't show on the dyno but the driving fun got better, I consider it.

You can swap in the 1.4 head. (Or whole engine and ecu, gearbox etc) That doesn’t have the distributor.

Way to much work especially if you still use the stock ecu. On a aftermarket stand alone ecu you can just switch to coil on plugs.

Back