CG10DE flywheel clutch

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
It will fit according to the UK guys. The crank bolt pattern is exactly the same and the gearbox should slip up to it without fuss.

The CG10 combo it just smaller and lighter than the CG13 combo.

CMF_Bushido

» CMF Member
thanks Yom for the reply. just bought a used RS5F30A box off the same guy and he mailed me asking if Im interested in the clutch flywheel set aswell. already have a Jun lined up but if it will work, will save quite abit of Yen.

CMF_Bushido

» CMF Member
from what I have heard hear in japan the RS5F30A box from a k11 CG10 March is a direct fit to the CG13 march engine. heres a picture of the box I bought off yahoo jp. Im not too sure about the differences between the march and micra.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Yeh all the gearboxes will physically bolt onto the CG family engines (they're all the same basic bellhousing bolt pattern, FB41).

If you're using a gearbox from a 1.0L you really should stick with the flywheel and clutch from a 1.0L as well. That way you eliminate pesky problems. You could probably play around and try fitting a 1.3L flywheel and clutch but honestly just go with what you know works (unless you have easy access to lots of spare parts and have plenty of spare time to stuff around mixing and matching things).

CMF_Bushido

» CMF Member
thanks for the clarification. I think your right with using the clutch and flywheel that were original used. in the future it would be interesting to mess around with a cg13 flywheel and clutch.. have you heard of any power loss or gain from using a cg10 setup?

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
I wouldn't take all this as the real deal though. The japanese had more gearbox choice than the UK made micras did. Not to mention nissan japan's huge parts bin.

The best bet is to just stick with whatever flywheel and clutch the last owner of that gearbox was using. :)

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
the Japanese also had the 1.0 and 1.3 version gearboxes that were incompatible thats why nismo made different versions of clutch for each gearbox.

Back