CG wiring in a K10?

I've left all of the K10 loom where it is, and just added the ECU and engine loom to it. I don't suppose the ecu needs to be connected to the alternator/starter or anything else to the car does it?!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 283
To get it running, do I need any of the wires from the black plug? According to this you do, but I'm not sure if its been bypassed or not?!
Jamie

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 271
i would try wiring those extra wires jamie, lord lucans stockrod might have been a japspec one ? (they seem to be common in Ireland)

Might sound stupid. But is the ECU body supposed to be earthed? Ive changed the distributed over and still no spark There's power in the large plug and the small plug on the distributer. Not sure how much power because i cant find my multimeter

Ahhh mannn So if there's power to the dizzy.. Then why is there no power coming out of the rotor arm? I must be missing something big but i cant figure out why :/

Yeh i think there is a thick white/black wire in the black plug. But i have put power in that just to make sure it doesn't need it. Assuming that's the wire you mean?!

the diag from the fsm (ef & ec-10) is showing a feed wire from ign to the coil and pinout 36, and according to the non nats diag its w/b (in the white plug maybe ?)

Right, the way i figured it out was this.... all the wires on the white block i cut and bared all the ends, twisted them together and ran a live to all of them. The car started then. Next, i left it running and removed wires until it cut out. Write down which wires you need on paper and keep going until you have only the wires left needed to run. I may have made a mistake and it could well be 4 wires. The 3 i previously mentioned are a certain anyway....if there is a small thin red wire in the bunch then that may be your missing wire, something in the back of my mind keeps saying red wire. I can get pictures but i am so bloody busy trying to rebuild crashed cars ready for paddy's day parades next sunday

After some more snooping. I checked on a friends micra, and he gets power at the dizzy plug, pin 2 whereas i didn't. And it just so happens that its the green/black wire that's in the white plug. So i have put power to that and the plug sparks 2 when you STOP cranking. So where is this wire supposed to go/do?!
Jamie

normally the lights etc are cut whenever you crank the engine eh (so that starter gets all the available ampage) sounds like your dizzy feed is on that circuit jamie

It Runs!!! It was the green/black wire that must power up the coil?! But it runs!!!
Thanks for all your help guys! Wouldn't of been able to do jt without your help!
Jamie

Back