Central locking upgrade

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
hi all,

i have found an easy way to upgrade a none central locking micra to having central locking.

i have found that the primera and almera central locking motors are a straight fit and the locking unit is really easy to wire. i may do a guide if anyone is interested but it is SOOO easy and it cost me nothing to get the parts from a scrappy :D

just thought i'd let you all know :D as its a much neater solution than the ebay stuff :D

Ignore my last post. For some strange reason i thought it said leccy windows!! LOL. I have been up since 5 tho so i can get away with it! :p

Ignore my last post. For some strange reason i thought it said leccy windows!! LOL. I have been up since 5 tho so i can get away with it! :p

i can do them too if you have the motors ;)

If you feel like doing a guide I would really appreciate it...would be great to have central locking on the car.

you aint toooo far from me, if you feel like poping up i am sure i can dig some motors out of the local scrappy and fit them for you ;) but best wait til i have fitted mine to be totally sure ;)

i am pretty sure primera actuators fit as one of the motors broke on my Gx and i couldn't find a micra in the scrappy with central locking so i used a primera one and it worked fine. but these are almera, but knowing nissan it will be all fine :D

Well I am from Wiltshire, family live near Swindon. Will be going home for a weekend sometime later this month I think. Whereabouts are you?

Well I am from Wiltshire, family live near Swindon. Will be going home for a weekend sometime later this month I think. Whereabouts are you?

i am just outside bath, not far at all from swindon, a couple of junctions up the M4 ;)

i am modding the central locking system at the moment so that it is remote before i install it in the car just so i can do a neater job.

just wired it all together and did a test run. it works fine, so its all down to wether if fits into the car :)

right, i put the actuators in, but one of the control rods was too long and i had to bend it, but all the normal locking functions work so far. i am going to the scrappy on the weekend to see if the almera control rods are any better, or if i can shorten micra ones properly...

but tonight i should get the magic box wired in and we will see if it all works :)

Nice one. So do you just use the remote fob thing from the donor car? Will post on this thread when I am planning to head home a bit nearer the time, if you wouldn't mind helping me with it that would be great. Sure I can bring you a few beers or something in return.

I don't think the car can get much slower than it already is...plus it is a pain in the ass making people wait to get in and asking them to lock their door when they get out.

well the central locking doesn't effect the altinator because you only use it when the engine is off :) and the normal locks have dummy metal brackets for where the central locking would be so they are about the same weight :D

the remote part was ordered off ebay for about £30 you can even get a flip key remote like the ones used on vauxhall :D

it is a bit of a ###### to install. i am going to go to the scrappy and get some new control rods and see if i can shorten them properly.

i would do it all including getting the parts from a scrappy, ordering the remote off ebay and fitting it, for a reasonable price. it just takes up alot of valuble modding time lol

Back