Central Locking

Another day, another post!

I have noticed that my central locking no longer works. I thought it could be the motor but I'm not so sure. You see, at the same time as the central locking stopped working a couple of other things have aswell. When you open the door, the interior light would switch on but now it doesn't although it does work when on the "Permenantly On" position. Also, when you leave your lights on and you open the door, it would beep at you. That's stopped also.

Don't suppose anyone would know what has caused this? I thought it'd could just be a fuse but I checked them and they all appear to be fine?

Any help is much appreciated!

it could be the courtesy light switch on the drivers door. the black switch on the door pillar. just a thought.

could be two seperate problems, the central locking is controlled by a control box in the driver's foot well, each unit has a motor and a switch, the switch connects to ground to unlock and disconnects from ground to lock. the door switch that turns on the interior light works in the same way, it connects to ground to turn on the light and disconnects to turn it off. either you have a grounding issue, which could cause both problems, or you have two seperate issues

just found that for some reason the box that controls the central locking, for some reason also controls the interior light.

i think this is because some of the later micras had an interior light that faded out rather than just switching off

apparently the unit is also coded to the key in some way,

i would check the plugs on the box, if not it may be the box itself that has gone. there is one on ebay,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Nissan-Micra-...14&_trkparms=72:1683|66:4|65:12|39:1|240:1318

if you need a new one

I have a somewhat different problem with my Central Locking, it may even warrant another thread entirely as it's a different problem.

I have a K11 Sport '01 reg, and the CL has a mind of it's own. I can unlock it via the fob and it will lock itself immediately or sometimes it will be fine and then just lock itself randomly. It does sound like one of the motors is on its way out as it sound quite laboured when unlocking and locking, could this be causing it?

sounds to me like the cables are shorting out, check the wiring looks if u can mate, i mite be wrong see wat other peeps say tho mate :)

I have a somewhat different problem with my Central Locking, it may even warrant another thread entirely as it's a different problem.

I have a K11 Sport '01 reg, and the CL has a mind of it's own. I can unlock it via the fob and it will lock itself immediately or sometimes it will be fine and then just lock itself randomly. It does sound like one of the motors is on its way out as it sound quite laboured when unlocking and locking, could this be causing it?

that is down to the way the system works. if one of the switches in the locks is switched it connects to ground and sends the signal to the control box, that then locks the other motor, but if the other motor doesn't change state you will get conflicting signals from the locks. one saying locked the other saying unlocked, and so the system flicks between locking and unlocking until both the locks agree.

an example is: the driver's door cannot be locked when it is open, its a safety feature. so if you try and use the remote central locking with the driver's door open, it will lock every door except the driver's one, which it cant lock. then because the drivers door is still unlocked, that sends a signal to the other locks to unlock again.

so either one of your motors is not doing its job and locking, or there is a loose signal wire that is touching ground somewhere and confusing the control box.

which door doesn't like to lock?

Pretty sure it's the passenger side rear door, but would have to have a good fiddle about with it to make sure.

So if I pull the door cards off and check all the connections on the motors, and then check the control box it should thoretically remedy the problem? If there's nothing wrong with the connections then a wire is touching the bodywork somewhere along the line, which would be a bit odd.

And if none of that works I need to change the motor that is being lazy?

Does that sound right?

Back