Central Locking Issue

Hey People,

Sorry to add another thread about Central locking but I have searched all the current ones but with no real answers.

I have installed central locking to my K10 and thought it was working however that was with the engine switched on. When I switched the engine off it stopped working. I had it wired into the stereo power wire which I now assume is not a live wire when the engine is switched off.

I have read that some people attach the power wire to the ignition wire but i am not sure which one as there are about 6 or 7 of them.

Any help would be much appreciated

Many Thanks in advance

Granticus

the stereo has a permanent live and a switched live you've connected it to wrong wire, if your not too keen with finding wires i would just run it straight to the battery with a in-line fuse.

Oh ok I connected it to the only red wire I could see coming from the stereo. The power wire for my Central locking came with a fuse so might just buy some wire tomorrow and take it straight to the battery as you have suggested. Cheers

I bought a cheap one off ebay. Came as a four door central locking kit but i only needed 2 but will be using one a little later when I attach it to my boot release. There are lots of very cheap ones on ebay but be warned that none of them come with very good instructions so I suggest searching the internet net and this forum to make sure you can do it before you buy one.

you installed a central locking system in your car, yet you cant get a multi-meter or a test light to make sure you have wired it up correctly?

I would add a constructive bit here, but its already been said further up

Back