Central locking foible

Hi All - here is a strange one. 2004 SE with keyless start. It unlocks fine but when I stop and want to lock it, it will not lock unless I first open and close the rear door - then it locks fine! Any ideas? I fear complicated CANBus communications and central management unit linked to interior light door switches? - please tell me I’m wrong!

Open door, jiggle door switch on the door return. Maybe a bit of contact cleaner too.

Over winter my headlights stop turning off when I open the door guess the culprit.

Open door, jiggle door switch on the door return. Maybe a bit of contact cleaner too.

Over winter my headlights stop turning off when I open the door guess the culprit.
Thanks - my headlights stay on too - are they supposed to go off? I’ll give the door switch some attention tomorrow.

Mines a 2007, cc. No idea if it's a normal feature but the headlights stay on when I stop the engine then go off when I open the drivers door.

Thanks - my headlights stay on too - are they supposed to go off? I’ll give the door switch some attention tomorrow.
Thanks - mine stay on and kill the battery! Maybe the fault lies with me for having such a rubbish memory!

hay, we have all done it. I've flattened mine twice whilst working on it by leaving the keys in the ignition. From the owners manual.
20230106_114326.jpg

Back