cat replacement - how to know which is the right one

peposhi

Once I win the Euromillions...
Hi, everyone

I have to replace my cat.
I need your help to find out what type I'm to buy.
A mechanic has told me that this cat I could buy only from a Nissan Parts Dealer, it can not be replaced with an universal one. Is there any other options?

The car is '99, 1.0L, automatic, 3door.

from what I've found out - it can be 295mm or 315mm and ceramic or metallic. The metallic one is approximately 40-45 pounds dearer, does it mean it's the better one?

has,nt yours got 2 cats then ?

erm, Frank... I'm actually not sure - As far as I know the catalyst is the one that sits vertically right after the engine and has a lambda sensor above... I looked under the car and I saw another box, somewhere under the seats another box, but it looks more like a silencer not a catalyst...
:blush:

you should have a primary cat under the mani peposhi, and a 2nd cat near the gearchange, and i would think that the primary cat is main dealer only :eek:
have you failed the emissions ?

what makes you think yours are knackered ?

1. Very low on power, can not hold a steady speed
2. Very! high fuel consumption( much higher than you could expect from 195 wide tyres)
3. Throttle body has been re-soldered.
4. Because the mechanic's said ( and he's trustworthy, servicing my cars for the past 3 years)

erm, Frank, the catalyst as far as I know is the one that sits vertically right after the engine and has a lambda sensor before it. I went out and looked under the car- there's one box under somewhere the seats, but it looks more like a silencer than a catalyst...

Back