CVT brushes - £109?? (is this right?!)

madmezza

Ex. Club Member
I was going to change the brushed in my gearbox (CVT), and I expected about £20 or so (with them actually being worth a couple of quid)...

I was a bit suprised when I phoned Nissan an firstly the guy told me you can't replace any parts. So I corected him, then he went of for 5 minutes and came back telling me that you get the "whole assembly" and it's £109 including VAT!! fwn fwn fwn

Is he talking about the right part? How much have other people paid?

I'll buy them if I have to, but I don't want to pay more than I have to...

Cheers

Well i got my 'new' ones from a scrappers seeing as its a part you judge wear on, and that was a fiver so i figured its cheaper than anything i would get at nissan so i'm afraid i couldnt tell you,
squigbobble might be able to tell you..........

Stuart said:
Well i got my 'new' ones from a scrappers seeing as its a part you judge wear on, and that was a fiver so i figured its cheaper than anything i would get at nissan so i'm afraid i couldnt tell you,
squigbobble might be able to tell you..........
I'm the CVT guy?! lol, I've no idea how much they cost as I haven't had a look at mine yet (still on with my blower:glare:) to see how worn they are thus haven't moaned at Nissan. Considering that I was quoted ~£35 fwn for a door speaker I can imagine a more critical yet seemingly banal component being more expensive, I've previously paid £16 for a set of brushes for a washing machine and I expect they have less inflated spares prices. The brushes themselves are in a brush holder (imaginitive naming there) so he might've meant that, otherwise I dunno what he was on about. The Haynes manual suggests that there's only 2 replaceable bits to the clutch; the brush holder and the rest of it.

Late post but yes you are the CVT guy! :p less responsibility for me :D i think theres a few CVT's in the club :D best auto box out there i think!

Back