Carb problem

I have a 1990 1.0 which has been standing for many years. Starts fine now from cold after cleaning the fuel system, but as it warms up and starts cominig off choke it virtually will not run.
The vacuum break diaphragm is not working, no air leaks in the pipework so it's the diaphragm. would this cause this problem?.
I have a new SU hs4 carb, so simple and easy to adjust compared to the hitachi, I'm thinking of fitting this with an made up adapter.

Didn't think of that Frank there could be a air leak there, the little metal tab at the end of the break vacuum is not in anyway connected to the choke tab, should it be?.

Didn't think of that Frank there could be a air leak there, the little metal tab at the end of the break vacuum is not in anyway connected to the choke tab, should it be?.
not sure what you mean mate, my k10 choke was wired directly to the alternator, so that it would only start to open when the engine had fired up

At the back of the autochoke where the shaft goes through to the choke plate, there is metal tab between the too which rotates with the choke . This moves on it's own and is not connected to the vacuum break tab, should there a clip joining the two which is missing on mine.

mine had a bi-metalic spring david, and when the alternator current ran through it, it uncoiled and opened the choke

Back